These Keto Coconut Lime Bars boast a crispy, buttery crust and a tangy lime filling that is to die for! Low carb, Atkins friendly, gluten free, grain free, and delicious!!!
For the Crust:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- pinch of kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin or 1 Tablespoon other unflavored gelatin
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well with a fork until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press firmly into a 8 by 8 baking pan, going about 1/2 inch up the sides. For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Cook over low heat, whisking continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the the xanthan gum and gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the par-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven the and cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen 2 x 2 squares and garnish with optional toasted coconut and grated lime zest before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 2 grams
To see the ingredients and/or products that I use and recommend to get the best results with my recipes, visit the IBIH Pantry Recommendations Page.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Keto Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: One bar
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g