I ate three of these Keto Coconut Lime Bars in one sitting and I make no apologies for it! Once you taste that crispy, buttery crust, topped with the creamy, tangy, coconut lime filling – you’ll understand. In fact, I’m pretty sure you’ll be hiding these tasty keto treats behind the broccoli and telling no one about them–otherwise they’ll be long gone before they even have time to chill all the way through!
This Keto Coconut Lime Bars recipe was the last one I created before we moved from Belize to Roatan, Honduras, and it was kind of fitting because limes are a big part of life in Belize. Not only do they make delicious cocktails, they get squirted onto all manner of foods before serving.
When we first moved to Belize I assumed people loved limes for the flavor, but in fact it’s believed that limes can cure just about any ailment. We have a Mayan friend named Irma who suggests limes as a treatment for everything, and Mr. Hungry gets a huge kick out of it. Got a headache? Lime juice. Cold or Flu? Tea with an entire lime squeezed into it. Cut on your leg got infected? Rub half a lime into it. Arthritis? Gout? Acne? Stomach bug or parasites? Seriously – limes for EVERY. THING.
As a side point, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Irma get sick, I’m just saying.
Mr. Hungry likes to joke that a Mayan pharmacy is just shelves full of fresh limes. Of course that isn’t true – I’ve actually got some really cool Mayan ointments and elixirs that straight up work miracles on all kinds of ailments, though there is likely some lime in there somewhere too, ha ha.
So my point is – these Keto Coconut Lime Bars??? Basically next level Mayan health food. You’re welcome.
All joking aside, these may not cure a cold or that strange rash you suddenly developed (seriously, you should get that checked out tho) but they will cure your keto dessert cravings, and that’s still a pretty great reason to make some STAT.Print
These Keto Coconut Lime Bars boast a crispy, buttery crust and a tangy lime filling that is to die for! Low carb, Atkins friendly, gluten free, grain free, and delicious!!!
For the Crust:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- pinch of kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin or 1 Tablespoon other unflavored gelatin
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well with a fork until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press firmly into a 8 by 8 baking pan, going about 1/2 inch up the sides. For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool while you make the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest until dissolved.
- Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat.
- Cook over low heat, whisking continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the the xanthan gum and gelatin until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the par-baked crust and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake the bars at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven the and cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen 2 x 2 squares and garnish with optional toasted coconut and grated lime zest before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 2 grams
To see the ingredients and/or products that I use and recommend to get the best results with my recipes, visit the IBIH Pantry Recommendations Page.
- Serving Size: One bar
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
New to Keto and need help getting started?? Try following my 12 weeks of free keto menu plans, starting with the 3 Day Keto Kickstart and Keto FAQs!
Or if you’re already on keto but want to boost your results, try the wildly popular and effective IBIH 5 Day Keto Soup Diet and drop as much as 10 pounds!
Don’t believe me? Check out the comments section on that post for testimonials or join the IBH 5 Day Soup Diet Facebook Group and ask around to see firsthand the amazing results people are getting!!!