This tasty Keto Lasagna Meatloaf is perfect for your picky eaters, and even sneaks some healthy veggies in there! Shhh – I won’t tell if you don’t! Low carb and gluten free.
For the ground beef layer:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
For the ricotta filling:
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8th teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground beef, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a foil lined 10-inch loaf pan and press up the sides to the top, leaving a large well in the center. (see photos in the post for reference)
- Sprinkle the spinach into the well.
- Combine the ricotta filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Spoon over the spinach in the well and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the ricotta mixture, but don’t get it on the edges of the meat mixture.
- Form the Italian sausage into a flat rectangle that is close to the size of the top of the pan.
- Lay the sausage over the top and press firmly down on the edges to seal it into the ground meat layer.
- Cut three small round vent holes in the top of the meatloaf.
- Place on a cookie sheet to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest 30 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife.
- Top with warm Easy Keto Marinara Sauce to serve.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g.
I neglected to line my loaf pan with foil first, and I recommend doing so because it makes it easier to remove the meatloaf after cooking. Alternatively, you can get this genius loaf pan with a lift out insert for meatloaf on Amazon, which I’ve already got in my cart and can’t wait to get my hands on!
- Serving Size: 1 inch thick slice
- Calories: 389
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: meatloaf, keto, lasagna, kid friendly, low carb, gluten free, dinner, ground beef