This Keto Lasagna Meatloaf is a guaranteed crowd pleaser with even non-keto and picky family members! Serve it with pasta for them and zucchini noodles or my Cheesy Keto Polenta for you!
When I first started the blog I was known for my Meatball Monday Recipes, where I made keto meatballs from all sorts of classic dishes and different cuisines. Meatballs are great, but can be time consuming to make, whereas meatloaf is so easy to bake and slice! So I’ve been dedicating myself to more delicious keto meatloaf recipes lately.
Now I’m serving up this Keto Lasagna Meatloaf, which boasts a seasoned ground beef layer, stuffed with spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, then topped with a ground sausage “cap” which gives you two distinctly different flavors of meat, as you would in a traditional meat lasagna containing both sausage and ground beef.
Before you go getting all worried about the complications of a stuffed keto meatloaf, I can assure you it’s pretty simple to put together. Here are the steps in photos:
See? Easy peasy! You really just need to make sure you press that cap down securely so that it bonds to the ground beef edges and prevents all of your cheese from oozing out of the sides. Then poke a few vent holes for steam in the top of it and you’re ready to bake – and EAT this delicious Keto Lasagna Meatloaf!
I’m excited for you!!! ??
Keto Lasagna Meatloaf Notes:
- When baking, do place a cookie sheet or foil underneath the loaf pan in the oven to catch any drips, as juice from the meatloaf is likely to spill over the edges.
- Wait at least 30 minutes for the keto lasagna meatloaf to “set” before slicing, otherwise all of your cheese will run out at the first cut!
- Shown served with my Easy Keto Marinara Sauce and fresh basil leaves – highly recommend! You can also serve this with any low sugar, keto friendly tomato sauce of your choice. Rao’s Marinara is my favorite store-bought brand.
- I neglected to line my loaf pan with foil first, and I recommend doing so because it makes it easier to remove this keto meatloaf after cooking. Alternatively, you can get this genius loaf pan with a lift out insert for meatloaf on Amazon, which I’ve already got in my cart and can’t wait to get my hands on!
Keto Lasagna Meatloaf – Low Carb
This tasty Keto Lasagna Meatloaf is perfect for your picky eaters, and even sneaks some healthy veggies in there! Shhh – I won’t tell if you don’t! Low carb and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Keto Dinner Recipes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8th teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground beef, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a foil lined 10-inch loaf pan and press up the sides to the top, leaving a large well in the center. (see photos in the post for reference)
- Sprinkle the spinach into the well.
- Combine the ricotta filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Spoon over the spinach in the well and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the ricotta mixture, but don’t get it on the edges of the meat mixture.
- Form the Italian sausage into a flat rectangle that is close to the size of the top of the pan.
- Lay the sausage over the top and press firmly down on the edges to seal it into the ground meat layer.
- Cut three small round vent holes in the top of the meatloaf.
- Place on a cookie sheet to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest 30 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife.
- Top with warm Easy Keto Marinara Sauce to serve.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g.
I neglected to line my loaf pan with foil first, and I recommend doing so because it makes it easier to remove the meatloaf after cooking. Alternatively, you can get this genius loaf pan with a lift out insert for meatloaf on Amazon, which I’ve already got in my cart and can’t wait to get my hands on!
- Serving Size: 1 inch thick slice
- Calories: 389
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: meatloaf, keto, lasagna, kid friendly, low carb, gluten free, dinner, ground beef