This easy keto salmon in foil packets is loaded with the summer flavor from the tomatoes and pesto. Less than 20 minutes of cooking time with an easy sheet pan oven method also included. Low carb, gluten free, Atkins, paleo.
- 1 pound salmon fillet (or four 4 ounce fillets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- Optional cauliflower rice for serving
- Place the salmon on a sheet of tin foil that is large enough to wrap completely over itself to cover the salmon and seal in the steam.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes around the salmon, then fold up the edges of the foil around it to create a 1 inch rim to trap the moisture inside.
- Pour the white wine into the foil around the salmon and tomatoes.
- Fold the extra foil over the top of the salmon packet and lightly crimp to create a mostly sealed package.
- Cook on a preheated grill (to about 400 degrees F) over indirect heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and keep covered five minutes.
- Lift up the top layer of foil and brush the cooked salmon with the pesto.
- Serve warm with cauliflower rice if desired.
Alternative Sheet Pan Method: Place all of the ingredients (except for the pesto) in a small sheet pan. Cover with tin foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Brush with pesto and serve.
Net carbs per serving = 3g.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces salmon, 5 cherry tomatoes
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: seafood, salmon, easy, grilling, pesto, summer