This Keto Salmon in Foil Packets recipe is so incredibly easy and delicious that you’ll want to want to put it in the regular rotation! Minimal prep, a handful of ingredients, and less than 30 minutes are all you need to have this tasty low carb salmon recipe on the table!
Pesto and salmon just seem made for each other, and when you throw in a handful of cherry tomatoes and some white wine, it’s a summer blockbuster in the making!
While this keto salmon in foil packets recipe is incredibly tasty and totally company worthy, what I love most about it is how easy it is to execute! Whether you go for single fillets of salmon wrapped in their own foil packets, or one large foil wrapped slab, it’s an easy and delicious dinner that everybody will be raving about!
While I opted to grill mine because we were eating outside and I didn’t want to heat up the house, you could absolutely throw this one pan wonder on a sheet pan and pop it in the oven for around 20 minutes if you don’t have a grill!
I recommend adding the pesto after cooking the salmon, to preserve that fresh flavor – otherwise it will turn black and not be nearly as appetizing. It would still taste delicious though, I’m sure!
These keto salmon in foil packets combine two of my favorite summer ingredients, tomatoes and pesto, to make a sublime keto dinner. This low carb salmon recipe is pretty enough for guests and entertaining, but easy enough to make any day of the week for your family!
If you’ve got leftovers, this keto salmon with pesto is amazing cold the next day or all week long. Just pair it with a salad and you’ve got your keto meal prep done for lunches during the week!
As you can see by the photo above, this cooking method results in tender, flaky salmon that is cooked perfectly and not dried out and hard as a rock. ?
Shown served over optional cauliflower rice (or couscous if you blended it too much like I did, ha ha.). The cauliflower rice won’t be included in the nutrition information below, so be sure to account for those carbs if you do enjoy it this way. This Keto Salmon in Foil Packets recipe would also pair well so many of these Keto Summer Salad Recipes or Keto Side Dish Recipes – mix and match for an endless array of keto dinner ideas!
This easy keto salmon in foil packets is loaded with the summer flavor from the tomatoes and pesto. Less than 20 minutes of cooking time with an easy sheet pan oven method also included. Low carb, gluten free, Atkins, paleo.
- 1 pound salmon fillet (or four 4 ounce fillets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- Optional cauliflower rice for serving
- Place the salmon on a sheet of tin foil that is large enough to wrap completely over itself to cover the salmon and seal in the steam.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes around the salmon, then fold up the edges of the foil around it to create a 1 inch rim to trap the moisture inside.
- Pour the white wine into the foil around the salmon and tomatoes.
- Fold the extra foil over the top of the salmon packet and lightly crimp to create a mostly sealed package.
- Cook on a preheated grill (to about 400 degrees F) over indirect heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and keep covered five minutes.
- Lift up the top layer of foil and brush the cooked salmon with the pesto.
- Serve warm with cauliflower rice if desired.
Alternative Sheet Pan Method: Place all of the ingredients (except for the pesto) in a small sheet pan. Cover with tin foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. Brush with pesto and serve.
Net carbs per serving = 3g.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces salmon, 5 cherry tomatoes
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: seafood, salmon, easy, grilling, pesto, summer