This easy keto sausage frittata is easy and delicious, and can be frozen and reheated for SCKC compliant breakfasts at the ready all month long! Dairy free, Paleo, Whole 30
- 16 ounces Italian sausage (I used hot)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch oven proof skillet (see notes) over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring to break into small pieces.
- Add the capers and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, water, salt, pepper and basil together in a large bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove and cool slightly before cutting and serving with additional chopped basil if desired.
If you don’t have an oven proof skillet, you can cook the sausage, capers and tomatoes in a regular skillet and then add them to an oven proof baking dish along with the egg mixture – and then bake as directed.
Net carbs per serving = 2g
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Category: SCKC recipes
- Serving Size: 1/8th frittata
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: SCKC, Squeaky Clean Keto, Breakfast, Dairy free, nut free, gluten free