These Keto Stuffed Artichokes in the Instant Pot make the most delectable first course or side dish! Low carb and vegetarian too!
- 4 large globe artichokes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
For the stuffing:
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
To make the stuffing:
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, Asiago cheese, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, onion flakes, bell pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Stir well and set aside.
To prep and stuff the artichokes:
- Cut the top 2 inches off of the artichokes with a serrated knife.
- Cut off the bottom stems so that the artichokes will stand upright.
- Thoroughly rinse the artichokes in water, then place the artichokes on a plate and microwave on high, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Remove and wait until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the pink and purple center leaves out with your fingers (if they don’t release relatively easily, microwave for another 2 – 3 minutes) and then scoop out the hairy, bristly “choke” from the center with a spoon.
- Rub the lemon juice into the center of the artichokes with your fingers to keep them from turning brown.
- Pack 1/4 of the stuffing mixture into the center and between the leaves of each artichoke.
- Place wire rack in bottom of Instant Pot and add three quarters of a cup of water.
- Place the stuffed artichokes on top of the rack and lock the lid in place.
- Set to Manual – High Pressure – 18 minutes.
- When all pressure is released, remove the lid and carefully lift the artichokes out with tongs to a serving platter.
- Serve hot with additional melted butter if desired.
Net carbs per stuffed artichoke = 7g
- Serving Size: 1 artichoke
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: artichokes, instant pot, stuffed artichokes, keto, gluten free, low carb