This delicious keto turkey roulade is perfect for when you want a turkey dinner, but aren’t feeding a large crowd. It’s also great if your family prefers breast meat and doesn’t like eating off of the bone.
- 1 boneless turkey breast, skin on – about 3 pounds
- 2 cups prepared keto stuffing (I used keto HOP stuffing)
- coarse kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the turkey breast on a sheet pan skin side down.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a shallow flap into each side of the breast to lay it open flat for rolling. Trim off any thick spots to add back later, so you have a relatively even surface. It doesn’t have to be pretty, just be very careful not to cut through the breast and skin on the other side. See photos for reference.
- Brush or spray the surface of the meat with oil or melted butter, and season the meat generously with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the two cups of stuffing onto the flattened turkey breast and spread out evenly, pressing down slightly so it doesn’t all fall out.
- Take any trimmings from when you cut it flat and place them over the stuffing on the tapered end of the breast. This will help you keep an even thickness across the entire roll.
- Carefully roll the breast over the stuffing, using your fingers to keep the stuffing in place as you roll the meat over it.
- Once it’s skin side up, use pressure with your hands to squeeze it into as uniform a shape as possible.
- Cut twine (or use silicone bands) into two pieces – one 6 feet long, and one 2 feet long.
- Carefully turn your roll so it’s skin side down again, keeping it as tight as possible.
- Create a loop at the end of the 6 foot piece of twine and wrap it around the thickest end of the roll. Tight it tightly with a knot.
- Carefully wrap the rest of the roll with the twine (moving the twine over and under – don’t turn the roll if possible) leaving no more than 2 inches gap between the twine as you go.
- Once you get to the end, tie a knot in the last loop just like the first one, to secure the end tightly.
- Take the 2 foot length of twine and slide it lengthwise under the roll in the opposite direction of the other twine wrap. Pull both edges over the ends of the wrap and tie tightly in the middle.
- Press any loose pieces of meat and any stuffing that has fallen out back into the spaces and carefully turn the roll over so it’s skin side up again.
- Carefully spread any skin that has bunched up to cover as much of the roll as possible, tucking it under the twine to hold it in place.
- Using pressure with your hands, squeeze the roll into as uniform a roll as possible.
- Spray or brush with oil or melted butter, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Test with an instant read thermometer – it should read between 155 and 160 degrees. If it hasn’t yet reached 155, turn the oven down to 325 and roast for 10 more minutes, then check again.
- Once your thermometer reads at least 155, remove from the oven and tent loosely with foil to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut through the twine and remove all of it before slicing and serving.
See the post for detailed instructions with photos.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 1g
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Keto Entrees
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/2 inch thick)
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: Keto turkey roulade, Low carb turkey roulade, keto stuffed turkey breast