This Keto HOP Stuffing (or dressing if that’s what it’s called where you’re from) is the low carb turkey side kick of your dreams. Sagey, bready, and super satisfying – you’ll want to enjoy this one all year long.
When it comes to the best keto stuffing, there are three things that are non-negotiable for me – a sturdy bread base, pork sausage (I use this one typically), and lots of sage.
Also onions, celery, butter, and chicken broth, but those are bit players, that support the big three and make this keto HOP bread stuffing my absolute favorite.
It’s made with my famous keto HOP bread, which is cubed and toasted in the oven first, and stands up beautifully without falling apart or turning mushy when it absorbs all that porky, sage-flavored broth and butter.
I could go on and on about this keto HOP stuffing, but honestly – it’s stuffing so there’s not a whole lot to say about it other than IT’S SUPER DELICIOUS (seriously though) and your non keto friends and family won’t even notice that it’s not made with traditional bread.
One suggestion I have is that you make the HOP bread at least a day in advance (or longer, and remember the bread can be frozen until it’s ready to use) so that you aren’t having to wait for the bread to bake and then cool and then toast all on the same day.
To make this stuffing squeaky clean keto friendly, just replace the HOP bread with my nut free Squeaky Clean Keto Bread!
I mean if that pic doesn’t make you want to just grab a fork and go to town, do you even have a pulse?
I mean just look at it! Toasty bread, luscious sausage, jewel-like bits of celery and onion – it’s keto stuffing royalty. 👑 👑 👑
I mean forget cake, Marie Antoinette should have said – “Let them eat STUFFING!”
(just kidding, I love cake.)
This stuffing IS good though. 🙌🏻 😂Print
This Keto HOP Stuffing (or dressing if that’s what it’s called where you’re from) is the low carb turkey side kick of your dreams. Gluten free.
- 6 cups HOP bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1/2 loaf)
- 16 ounces sage flavored breakfast sausage roll (like this one)
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 diced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Toast the bread cubes for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, or until golden brown and firm.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage with butter, onions and celery, for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally and breaking the sausage into small pieces.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to the pan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the toasted HOP bread cubes and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, fluff with a fork, and taste. Season with additional salt if desired.
- Serve warm.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: Keto Stuffing, Keto HOP Stuffing, Low carb stuffing