This Squeaky Clean Keto Bread is a modified version of my famous Keto HOP bread. Already dairy free, this SCK version is also nut free and fully compliant with Whole 30 and Squeaky Clean Keto guidelines!
If you’re already familiar with Squeaky Clean Keto, then you know that this SCK friendly bread recipe is a game changer!
If this Squeaky Clean Keto Bread recipe is the first time you’re hearing the term Squeaky Clean Keto – you can check out my free program and meal plans, and read about the amazing results people are having in this post.
You can also find my new book Squeaky Clean Keto in stores or online on sites like Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
This Squeaky Clean Keto Bread is similar to my wildly popular Keto HOP Bread, which is made with hearts of palm. To make this version SCK compliant, I replaced the almond flour with homemade sunflower seed flour.
To make homemade sunflower seed flower, simply pulse cold sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup at a time in a coffee grinder or small blender for about 10 seconds, until a powder is formed. Then sift out any chunks and it’s ready to use. Careful not to over-blend or it will be sunflower butter.
Because sunflower seeds have a distinctive nutty flavor that is much more pronounced than neutral almond flour, I also added hemp seeds, which lightened the bread, added a little texture, and enhanced the flavor of the sunflower seeds. These changes give this Squeaky Clean Keto Bread a traditional multigrain bread flavor and feel that reminds me of the bread my mom used to buy for us at the health food store when I was a kid.
Honestly, I like this version as much, or possibly a shade more, than the original keto HOP bread. If you’ve tried the HOP bread and were put off by the slight tang of the hearts of palm, then you’ll love this SCK bread because the seeds fully mask that and make it undetectable.
Similarly to the original keto HOP loaf, this bread is shaped by hand and doesn’t rise a lot during baking. This results in a smaller slice, but because the bread is so filling, this actually makes a perfectly satisfying keto sandwich that is just enough in my opinion.
I baked this SCK bread loaf 10 minutes longer than the original keto HOP bread, to ensure that it would cook through with the denser flour. It worked great. I’m only mentioning it so you won’t be confused if you’ve already made the HOP bread and noticed the difference in timing.
I just finished week one of this round of the 30 day Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge and this bread has been a life saver.
I’m excited to finally be able to share it with the rest of you “Squeakers,” please let me know how it goes in the comments!Print
This Squeaky Clean Keto Bread is a variation of my popular Keto HOP bread. It is nut free, dairy free, grain free, low carb, and has a “nutty” flavor similar to that of a classic multigrain bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can of hearts of palm, well drained
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups sunflower seed flour (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (or hearts, same thing)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (the fresher the better)
- 1/2 teaspoons himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9.5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the hearts of palm, eggs, olive oil, and water in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sunflour seed flour, hemp hearts, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt. Mix with a dough hook on low to medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until a dough is formed. If you don’t have a mixer, mix by hand with a sturdy spoon for several minutes, then knead by hand for a minute or two, until you have well blended and uniform looking dough.
- Form into a loaf about 8 inches long by 3 inches wide and 3 inches high, and place in the parchment-lined loaf pan. Garnish with pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Bake for 80 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread has risen by about 1 inch.
- Remove from the oven and carefully lift the loaf out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place the loaf (without the parchment paper) on a wire rack too cool. This will keep it from getting soggy on the bottom, and will allow any moisture to evaporate as steam.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Approximate net carbs per 2 slices = 2g
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Keto Bread, squeaky Clean Keto Bread, SCK bread