An easy keto crab cake recipe that is simple to make, but tastes impressive enough for company! Works as is for an appetizer for four people, or make into 4 larger cakes as a main course for two people.
- 8 ounces blue crab meat, drained (lump preferred, see notes on crab)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or 2 teaspoons coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, for frying
- Gently pick through the crab to make sure there are no shells or cartilage in the meat, and add to a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard, mixing until smooth.
- In a third bowl, combine the old bay, parsley, and coconut flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Gently add the mayonnaise mixture to the crab, folding until combined.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the crab mixture and gently mix. Try not to break up/shred the pieces of crab too much.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a nonstick saute pan. Form 8 small cakes, about 2 inches in diameter, and place carefully in the hot oil.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g.
- Category: Keto Seafood Recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 crab cakes
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: keto crab cakes, low carb crab cakes, crab cakes