A delicious low carb Mexican recipe that is the perfect use for your turkey or chicken leftovers! A Keto, LCHF, and Atkins diet friendly recipe.
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups shredded (cooked) chicken or turkey meat
- 8 oz raw Mexican Chorizo
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan and add your sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook over low medium heat for 7 – 10 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Remove from the pan and set aside. Remove the chorizo from the plastic packaging and add to the pan you just cooked the onions in. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add your cooked shredded chicken or turkey to the pan along with the coriander, cumin, garlic powder, and chipotle powder. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
To assemble the Chori Pollo:
- Spread the chicken out to a depth of about 1 inch in an oven proof casserole dish. Sprinkle the chorizo evenly over the top of the chicken. Then spread the onions over the chorizo. Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 10 minutes or the cheese has melted. Serve hot with sour cream and whatever other Mexican “fixings” you prefer.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 405 calories, 30g fat, 3g net carbs, 37g protein
- Serving Size: Approximately 3/4 cup