Low Carb Clementine Cardamom Shortbread Cookies
These delectable low carb shortbread cookies are flavored with cardamom and clementine zest, then dipped in dark chocolate! Gluten free and egg free too!
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: Low Carb Cookie Recipe
- Cuisine: British
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener, cardamom, and zest in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Form into a ball and chill for 10 minutes.
- Press or roll between 2 sheets of parchment paper into a 6 x 8 inch rectangle with a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Cut (but don’t separate) into sixteen 3 inch by 1 inch rectangles and poke with a fork to decorate if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 14 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool and cut along scored lines into sixteen cookies.
- Melt the chocolate in a narrow coffee mug in the microwave for 1 minute, then 30 additional seconds at a time until melted. Dip the bottom 1/3 of each cooking into the chocolate and place on a parchment lined surface to cool.
- Sprinkle with additional clementine zest before the chocolate has completely hardened.
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc. you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
- Serving Size: per cookie
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 4