This rich and delicious low carb bone broth can be made in your Instant Pot in just an hour! The perfect base for low carb soups, stews and sauces – or drink it like tea for a healthy boost!
- 1 cooked chicken carcass (most meat removed) & any drippings
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 1 small onion, quartered (skin on)
- 1 cup chopped celery tops
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 – 4 liters filtered water
- Combine all of the solid ingredients in a 6 quart Instant Pot.
- Pour in the filtered water up to the 4 liter mark.
- Seal according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn pot on and set to Manual / High Pressure / 60 minutes.
- Once time is up, cool and release the pressure according to mfg. instructions.
- Cool for one hour.
- Strain the solids out into a clean pot or large container.
- Season the broth with sea salt as desired.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the solidified fat from the top of the broth and discard.
- Portion into containers and store for up to a week in the fridge, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Slow Cooker Adaptation:
- You can add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on high for 8 hours – not sure you’ll get exactly the same results with the bones getting soft, but you will extract enough from them to make a delicious and healthy broth!
The nutrition information is approximate, but likely contains less carbs than stated here because I counted all the carbs from the veggie ingredients in the total, even though the solids get discarded at the end.
- Category: Low Carb Bone Broth Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 38
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Protein: 3g