These delicious low carb macaroon cookies have a strong mint flavor that’s perfectly complemented by the dark chocolate! Tastes just like your favorite thin mint candies – but without the carbs! Gluten & dairy free!
- Combine the coconut, almond milk, peppermint extract, and sweetener in a medium bowl and stir well.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the egg whites and xanthan gum together until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg mixture into the coconut mixture until fully combined.
- Drop the dough mixture by scoop or tablespoon into 24 mounds onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten into disks with your hand or a flat spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree (F) oven for 16 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Remove and cool.
- Place the chocolate in a ziplock bag and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until just liquid.
- Snip a tiny corner off of the bag and squeeze the chocolate out onto the cookies in a circular (or any) pattern. Cool and serve.
Approx nutrition info per cookie: 56 calories, 5g fat, <1g net carbs, 1g protein
- Category: Low Carb Cookie Recipe
- Cuisine: American