I L.O.V.E. thin mints. 💖 There I said it! So I wanted to come up with some easy low carb cookies that had a similar flavor and texture as a thin mint candy.
For my first attempt I went with a coconut macaroon style because I thought it might work well, and boy did it!
Not only is this a super easy low carb cookie recipe (seriously, your kids can even make these,) but the flavor is spot on!
To be more authentic looking I could have coated these keto macaroons completely with chocolate, but I really didn’t think it needed that much to get the right flavor. Also, that would have made them a lot more work to make, not to mention add more calories/carbs per cookie.
After melting the chocolate I opted for swirling it over the top in a circular pattern rather than drizzling back and forth, which wastes a lot of the chocolate that ends up stranded on the parchment rather than garnishing the cookie.
In the end I actually liked the look that the circular pattern gave – and it was the perfect amount of chocolate per keto macaroon! 👍🏻🍫💯🍫
These low carb thin mint macaroons have a strong mint flavor that the dark chocolate enhances perfectly. The texture is not quite that of a thin mint, it’s much chewier from the coconut, but I absolutely loved it!
I brought these to a dessert party last week and even the kids loved them and couldn’t detect the flavor of the erythritol sweetener, which is well masked by the peppermint extract.
When even the kids are a fan of a low carb cookie recipe I know it’s a good one!
In case you’re wondering, these freeze really well and are actually delicious right out of the freezer – the cold enhances the flavor and the coconut is soft enough that they aren’t hard to bite through even when frozen. In fact I might save some to break up and add to a low carb ice cream recipe soon! 💡🍨🙌
If chocolate and mint is your jam like it is mine, you’re going to love these cookies! Make them STAT and then report back! 📢✏️📬
Want more low carb cookies?!?! OF COURSE YOU DO! 🙋🙋🙋
Well I’ve got you covered with low carb cookie recipes all week long here at IBIH – so stay tuned and be sure to subscribe to email updates if you haven’t already so you never miss a new low carb recipe!
Low Carb Thin Mint Macaroon Cookies – Gluten Free
These delicious low carb macaroon cookies have a strong mint flavor that’s perfectly complemented by the dark chocolate! Tastes just like your favorite thin mint candies – but without the carbs! Gluten & dairy free!
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Low Carb Cookie Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Combine the coconut, almond milk, peppermint extract, and sweetener in a medium bowl and stir well.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the egg whites and xanthan gum together until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg mixture into the coconut mixture until fully combined.
- Drop the dough mixture by scoop or tablespoon into 24 mounds onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten into disks with your hand or a flat spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree (F) oven for 16 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Remove and cool.
- Place the chocolate in a ziplock bag and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until just liquid.
- Snip a tiny corner off of the bag and squeeze the chocolate out onto the cookies in a circular (or any) pattern. Cool and serve.
Approx nutrition info per cookie: 56 calories, 5g fat, <1g net carbs, 1g protein
Can’t get enough low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!
New to low carb and need some help getting started? Try out any one of my free low carb and keto menu plans with recipes and shopping lists and start losing weight fast!