These Keto Bacon & Egg Cups are loaded with flavor, but still keep to the Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge guidelines of no dairy, nuts, grains, or sweeteners!
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
6 slices raw bacon, chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
10 large eggs
1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the onions and bacon are golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and water together until fully combined.
- Divide the bacon and onion mixture between 12 standard sized muffin cups in a nonstick muffin pan (or use aluminum or silicone liners.)
- Swirl the mixture around the sides of the cup to grease the edges.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and cool slightly before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving.
- Serving Size: 2 muffin cups
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: SCKC, dairy free, Whole 30, keto, squeaky clean keto, breakfast, eggs