These Keto Bacon & Onion Egg Cups are loaded with flavor, but still keep to the Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge guidelines of no dairy, nuts, grains, or sweeteners! Super easy, healthy, and tasty – you’ll want to put this delicious keto breakfast recipe in your regular rotation!
These keto bacon & onion egg cups contain just a few ingredients, but are loaded with flavor. The bacon of course adds a salty lusciousness, but the onion is where the magic is. Cooked down and caramelized in the bacon fat, the onions add a natural sweetness that perfectly complements the savory bacon and eggs.
Our grocery store was out of it, but some fresh thyme would be a nice addition to these keto bacon and onion egg cups if you can get it! Parsley would also work, but I didn’t have that either. ? Next time.
If you aren’t doing the Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge or Whole 30, then some cheese added to these keto bacon and onion egg cups would definitely make them next level. I’d go salty feta or creamy brie personally, but asiago or cheddar would also work well if dairy isn’t a problem for you.
Using a muffin tin makes these keto bacon & onion egg cups easy to portion out, but you could just as easily bake this in a 9 x 9 baking dish, and then cut it into squares for easy serving. Just be aware that you may have to increase the baking time by a few minutes until the center is firm and cooked through.
These Keto Bacon & Egg Cups are loaded with flavor, but still keep to the Squeaky Clean Keto Challenge guidelines of no dairy, nuts, grains, or sweeteners!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the onions and bacon are golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and water together until fully combined.
- Divide the bacon and onion mixture between 12 standard sized muffin cups in a nonstick muffin pan (or use aluminum or silicone liners.)
- Swirl the mixture around the sides of the cup to grease the edges.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and cool slightly before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving.
- Category: SCKC Breakfast
- Serving Size: 2 muffin cups
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: SCKC, dairy free, Whole 30, keto, squeaky clean keto, breakfast, eggs