Mr. Hungry loves it too, so between the two of us it never lasts very long. I actually made this batch for another recipe that I’ll be sharing with you on Thursday which marks my one year blog-iversary!
In celebration I’ve got an amazing dessert for you featuring this lemon curd, AND I’m hosting my biggest giveaway yet! I’ll be giving away one of my favorite kitchen appliances – but that’s all I’m telling you for now! You’ll have to come back Thursday if you want in! If you’re not already following by email, you might want to do it now so you don’t forget about it and miss out! Or like IBIH on Facebook to get links to the giveaway post! But for now, back to this lemon curd – it’s pretty, easy to make, and oh so luscious! Hope you guys like it!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup xylitol blend sweetener (or another zero calorie sweetener equivalent to ½ cup sugar)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest until dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolks and return to the stove over low heat. Whisk continually until the curd starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a small bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.