A delicious and easy microwaveable cake that is bursting with strawberry flavor!
For the cakes:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pureed strawberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp pureed strawberries
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
To make the cakes:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (or in a small saucepan on the stove). Add the rest of the cake ingredients and stir to combine.
- For cupcakes: Divide batter between 4 small silicone cups or paper baking cups. Microwave all four of them on a plate for 1 minute. Test with a toothpick, if still not done, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- For mugs: Divide batter between two coffee mugs. Microwave for 90 seconds. Test for doneness, add a few seconds as necessary. Do not overcook!
- To bake in the oven: Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 18 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Strawberry Cream:
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Combine the strawberry puree and sweetener. Fold the strawberry mixture gently into the whipped cream. Spoon or pipe onto the mug cakes.
Use organic heavy whipping cream when you can find it – it has no starches or thickeners added, and therefore less carbs.
Approximate nutrition information:
1 “naked” cupcake: 121 calories, 11g fat, 2g net carbs, 3g protein
1 “naked” mug cake: 242 calories, 22g fat, 4g net carbs, 6g protein
2 Tbsp strawberry cream: 61 calories, 6g fat, .25g net carbs, 0g protein
1 cupcake w/ cream: 182 calories, 17g fat, 2.25g net carbs, 3g protein
1 mug cake w/ cream: 303 calories, 28g fat, 4.25g net carbs, 6g protein