I made these low carb cauliflower muffins last week and have been super excited to post about them ever since! Over the course of 2 days, I pretty much only ate these, and was happy to do it. I was disappointed when they were all gone, and did NOT offer to share with anyone else in the family!
They are cheesy and hearty and taste amazing! They don’t really have a bready texture like a muffin, but I wasn’t sure what else to call them.
They are firm and chewy if you eat them cold, but if you heat them up slightly in the microwave they get soft and cheesy/gooey in the center. SO GOOD! These go perfectly with some some eggs for breakfast or as a veggie side dish to any protein for dinner.
- 2 cups finely riced, raw cauliflower **
- 2 Tbsp minced jalapeno
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Combine the cauliflower, jalapeno, eggs, add melted butter in a medium bowl. Add the grated cheeses and mix well. Stir in the onion flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 greased muffin cups. Bake in preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off the oven and leave the muffins inside for one hour to firm up. Remove and serve warm or cold.
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!