So I made these oozy orbs of deliciousness last Monday, and it was KILLING ME to have to wait an entire week to share them with you today!
In my ongoing quest to create delicious low carb meatball recipes, I decided to tackle the flavors and textures of the ever popular spinach and artichoke dip for this week’s Meatball Monday installment.
A couple of years ago I made a keto friendly soup from spinach and artichoke dip that was amazing – so why not a meatball?
I didn’t want to just slap a plain ole’ meatball into a vat of spinach and artichoke dip though – where’s the fun in that? So I put the spinach and artichokes (along with cheese of course) into the actual meatball, and then bathed it in a luscious, creamy (and also cheesy) sauce. If Queso and Alfredo had a love child, this sauce would be it – SO GOOD.
The end result was a black out good bowl of yum. I don’t know how else to describe it so that you’ll understand how delicious it was. It’s beyond description – total bliss. I almost cried when it was all gone. In fact, I’m tearing up right now.
This one will definitely be going into our regular rotation – I can’t wait for you guys to try it and report back!!! Maybe you’ll be able to describe how good it was better than I did…
Serve this alone, or with a cauliflower mash or over some cooked spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles to soak up all that cheesy sauce!!!
- 1lb ground chuck (80/20)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen is fine)
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese (for the top)
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients (except olive oil) in a medium bowl and mix well. Form into 15 meatballs. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through (about 3 - 4 minutes per side.) Remove and set aside while you make the sauce.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients (except the shredded Mozzarella) in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, then stir until fully combined. (Alternatively you could heat in a small saucepan for 5 minutes) Place your meatballs in a greased,oven-safe, casserole dish. Pour the sauce over the meatballs, then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 10 minutes, or microwave for 2 - 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Serve hot.
Have you entered the June Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Giveaway yet??? You’re kidding me!? Well get over there and do it, Silly! How else are you going to win???