So we’ve been traveling a lot this month, and I have been indulging in carbs pretty much every weekend. It’s definitely taken a toll, so I’m egg fasting this week to get back on track! Since I’m eating this way already, I figured I’d experiment with some more egg fast recipes to share with you guys!
My inspiration for these cheesecakes was some Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate that I got at Trader Joe’s this weekend. I was really excited to come home and try it in my bulletproof coffee on Tuesday, but was sorely disappointed when I really disliked the flavor. It was too acidic for my taste and I couldn’t even finish the cup – I tossed it and made a fresh one using my regular coffee.
But now I have a full jug of coffee concentrate in my fridge, and I need a way to use it up so it won’t go to waste! Enter this bulletproof cheesecake! The coffee concentrate works perfectly for this – and I suspect it would make amazing ice cream as well by the way! If you don’t have any concentrate, you can just use some really strong coffee in the cheesecake batter instead.
To make these egg fast friendly, I used more eggs to cream cheese than I would normally for a cheesecake – though still not enough to make it a one to one ratio. The result was nice and light, with a distinct coffee flavor. I also added a little sugar free caramel syrup to the batter, and lots to the frosting, giving this a caramel machiatto vibe. SO. DELICIOUS.
Now I’m reading your mind here and I know you’re thinking “I’m going to make a ton of these and eat them 24/7 for the next 3 days. Egg Fast Menu Complete.” And it’s not actually a bad idea. But technically these alone wouldn’t be strictly egg fast fare because there is more cream cheese than eggs in here.
Still – they are pretty fat fast friendly, so you’d probably lose weight – maybe lots of it! I may try it myself – you know…for science! If you do the cheesecake fast be sure to tell us your results – I’m dying to know what would happen!
Even if these are a little heavy on the cream cheese vs. the eggs, they are the perfect snack or meal replacement on your regular egg fast – just eat more eggs and less cheese for the rest of your meals that day.Print
Egg Fast Caramel Machiatto Cheesecakes – Low Carb
A coffee house-inspired cheesecake recipe with caramel frosting that is low carb, keto, lchf, egg fast, and Atkins Diet friendly!
- Yield: 9 cheesecakes
For the cheesecakes:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (I prefer Kerrygold)
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate (or espresso)
- 1 Tbsp sugar free caramel flavored syrup see example
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute (Swerve, Splenda, Ideal, etc)
For the frosting:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar free caramel flavored syrup see example
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (Swerve, Splenda, Ideal, etc)
- 8oz Mascarpone cheese, softened
For the cheesecakes:
- Combine all of the cheesecake ingredients in a magic bullet or blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into 9 greased silicone cupcake molds, or in a cupcake pan lined with paper liners. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 15 minutes or until firm when shaken slightly. Remove and chill for one hour in the freezer or at least 3 hours (preferably overnight) in the refrigerator.
For the frosting:
- Cream the butter, sugar free caramel syrup, and sweetener together until fluffy. At a low speed (or it will break), blend in the mascarpone until smooth. Test and adjust for desired sweetness. If your frosting breaks, add a few tablespoons of regular cream cheese to stabilize it. Pipe or spoon onto your chilled cheesecakes before serving.
Approx. nutrition info per serving: 286 calories, 29g fat, 1g net carbs, 5g protein
- Serving Size: 1 cheesecake
So I thought you guys might get a kick out of this – I was done taking photos and turned to put my camera away when the posterboard I was using as a reflector fell over and landed right on top of my cheesecakes, squishing the frosting flat. When I lifted the board in horror, one of the cheesecakes was stuck to it and stayed suspended on the board long enough for me to shoot this photo.
Then it fell on the table. So I ate it of course – because that’s how I roll. I DID wipe the frosting from the board and table with a clean cloth like a responsible adult, rather than licking it all off like I wanted to – I get points for that right??? ;)
New to IBIH and wondering what an egg fast is? Find out how you can lose weight on an egg fast here and get a free, easy to follow 5 day egg fast menu plan here!
Be sure to enter my September Keto Baking Essentials Giveaway!!!
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!