Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how awesome cake for breakfast is? And when you don’t have to feel guilty about it – even better! This low carb Cranberry Walnut Coffee Cake is my new morning BFF.
I literally ate the last piece of this cranberry cake with my coffee this morning, and now I’m trying to figure out when I have time to make it again. Possibly two so I can portion a bunch and keep them in my freezer. Actually that’s the best idea ever…
I’ll be doing that for sure (and making another batch of these cranberry shortbread streusel bars while I’m at it) – time to hop on my golf cart and head into town to snag the last few bags of cranberries before someone else on the island buys them up! BRB! #tropicalislandprobs #thestruggleisreal
Ok, all joking aside (actually I wasn’t kidding, I’m totally buying all the cranberries when I go out shopping later) this low carb cranberry walnut coffee cake needs to get added to your to-do list A.S.A.P.
Tender cake, subtly flavored with orange and studded with tart cranberries and a toasty walnut streusel topping – it’s a beautiful combo that keeps you coming back for more!
We REALLY loved this cake. It was sweet enough without being cloying, and the tangy cranberries were a nice contrast. I’m always on board with a crumb topping on a coffee cake like this, and the walnuts and cinnamon in this version had a nice earthy crunch.
It was perfect – I wouldn’t change a thing, and that’s rare for version 1.0 on a recipe for me!
Oh and I almost forgot to tell you the best part! This low carb cranberry walnut coffee cake is made in the blender! In fact, it’s so incredibly easy to make that you can literally have this coffee cake in the oven in 5 minutes if you’re highly motivated! Dooooooo it!
I believe in you! 🙌 🏃🏼🏅 😂
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup erythritol sweetener (see notes)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups superfine almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp arrowroot starch or xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Tbsp erythritol sweetener
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 3 Tbsp erythritol sweetener (see notes)
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Combine the cake layer ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the batter (it will be thick) into a greased 9 x 9 pan (or equivalent oblong).
- Combine the cranberries and sweetener in a small bowl and mix until coated.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and sweetener over the top of the cake layer.
- Combine the streusel ingredients (make sure the butter is melted) in a small bowl and mix well.
- Crumble with your fingers over the top of the cranberries so little clumps form.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees (F) for 45 - 50 minutes (or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean) in the center of the oven.
- Remove and cool before slicing.
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my FREE 3 day keto kickstart menu planto get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
To get more great recipes for fall or anytime, download my super bundle of FIVE e-books for just $19.99!