These Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos are loaded with all your favorite lasagna flavors and textures, served up in a fun and portable low carb package! Cheesy and delicious, these will be a hit with the entire family!!!
It’s been awhile since I’ve been this excited about a new keto recipe I’m posting. Not that I don’t always think the recipes I post here are good – if they weren’t I wouldn’t share them. But this one I just know is going to be a huge hit with you guys.
First, it’s got all of your (our?) favorite lasagna flavors packed into a low carb portobello mushroom – so there’s that. And who doesn’t love lasagna? Classic comfort food for the win. ? ? ?
Second, and even more importantly – this Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos recipe is fun to make and eat.
I mean if the photos alone don’t make you want to jump up and run to the kitchen to make a batch of these Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos, I don’t know what will!
The first thing I stuffed into the mushroom was the hot sausage layer, and all that lovely flavor soaked right into the mushroom base and tasted amazing. What’s great about this family friendly keto recipe is that you can use regular sausage, seasoned ground beef, chicken or turkey sausage, or I suppose even a vegetarian substitute if that’s your jam.
This Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos recipe is perfectly customizable to you and/or your family’s eating preferences. Like it spicy – go for it. Don’t eat pork or beef ? Use chicken or turkey. Hate sausage? Go with seasoned ground beef.
Whatever you have on hand or prefer for flavor or texture will work well in this particular lasagna stuffed mushroom recipe. Just make sure the meat is well seasoned and not bland for best results.
I used my own no cook easy keto marinara sauce for this recipe, but you can use any sugar free marinara recipe or jarred sauce that you prefer. If you’re going store-bought, my favorite keto friendly marinara sauce is the Rao’s brand if you can find it.
Rao’s IS a little pricier (between $8-$10 per jar,) but the flavor is fantastic and it’s not loaded with sugar and sketchy ingredients.
You guys? If you trust me at all – you need to make these Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos STAT. Don’t wait – get the ingredients on the way home and you can have these for dinner tonight!
You won’t be sorry – pinky promise!
Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos Recipe Video ??
Easy Keto Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms will be a new family favorite! All the flavors of your favorite classic comfort food in a low carb and fun to eat package!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 links of Italian sausage (or about 12 oz other ground meat)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar free marinara sauce
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- chopped parsley to garnish if desired
- Brush the mushrooms with a dry paper towel to clean off any dirt or compost. Remove stems if present and use a spoon to scrape out the brown ribs.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and press into four patties. Press one patty into each mushroom cap, going all the way to the edges and up the sides.
- Spoon 1/4 cup ricotta into each mushroom cap and press to the edges, leaving a dent in the center for the sauce.
- Spoon 1/4 cup marinara into each mushroom on top of the ricotta layer.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- Category: Low Carb Dinner Recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 portobello
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g net
- Protein: 28g
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!