This Keto Blueberry Moscow Mule Cocktail is perfect for summer sipping, and won’t kick you out of ketosis! Coming it at only 72 calories and 2g net carbs, this is going to be your new favorite keto cocktail!
When pondering my options for a blueberry themed summer cocktail to post this month, I almost passed this Keto Blueberry Moscow Mule concept by. Moscow Mules are typically considered more a winter drink, maybe because of the ginger. But my love of ginger and the Moscow mule cocktail in all it’s forms cannot be bound by season.
So I went for it and I promise you’ll be glad I did! As an added bonus, these are a gorgeous color, so you can forsake your usual copper mugs and serve it a glass tumbler to fully appreciate the experience!
To get the pretty color and blueberry flavor for these low carb Moscow Mules, I pureed fresh (you could also use frozen) blueberries with a little sweetener and water. Then I strained it through a fine strainer to get all of the seeds and skins out. It takes a couple of extra minutes to do it this way, but the results are worth it, and the blueberry juice can be stored in the refrigerator or even frozen until you need it.
I recommend making a big batch of the juice while blueberries are in season, and then you’ll have some available whenever the craving for this Keto Blueberry Moscow Mule strikes. The amount called for in this recipe makes enough for about 12 mules.
I used diet ginger beer for this Keto Blueberry Mule recipe but if you can’t get it, you can make the keto ginger syrup I use in these keto Minty Moscow Mules that I posted a couple of years ago. Just leave out the mint and pour in the blueberry juice and you’ll be very close to the flavors in this version.
I chose to garnish the rim of my Keto Blueberry Moscow Mules with a mix of cinnamon and granulated erythritol (I used Swerve) and it worked like a charm. The hint of cinnamon in each sip gave it a homey flavor, reminiscent of blueberry pie – but with a ginger kick. Hard to describe, awesome to experience.
I highly recommend the rim garnish if you can, but these Keto Blueberry Moscow Mules are still refreshing and delicious without it!
As a side note, these photos were taken at the beautiful Villas Del Mar here in Roatan, where you will be staying if you win the vacation for two from IBIH! There are just three days left to enter, so be sure to enter every day for your chance to win this epic dream vacation to Roatan and have this gorgeous view all to yourself!!!
A deliciously refreshing keto blueberry Moscow mule that you can enjoy all year long! Atkins, low carb, gluten free and low calorie with only 72 calories and 2g net carbs per serving!
For the blueberry juice:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol (or other) sweetener
- 1/3 cup water
To make the cocktail:
- 1/2 ounce blueberry juice from above method
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 ounces diet ginger beer
- 1 teaspoon granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To make the blueberry juice:
- Combine the blueberries, sweetener and water in a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blueberry juice through a fine strainer and press through.
- Discard the skins and seeds.
- Store the blueberry juice in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
To make the cocktail:
- Combine the blueberry juice, vodka, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with four ice cubes.
- Shake for 10 seconds.
- Add the ginger beer and mix with a spoon – don’t shake or it will lose it’s carbonation.
- On a small plate, stir together the sweetener and cinnamon and spread out.
- Drag a wedge of lime around the rim of your glass to moisten.
- Dip rim of glass in cinnamon mixture and lift carefully.
- Add ice to your glass and pour the cocktail into it.
- Garnish with lime and fresh blueberries if desired.
Only 2g net carbs per cocktail!
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: blueberry, Moscow mule, cocktails, low carb, keto, low calorie, drinks