Loaded “Faux-tato” Skins (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
- Yield: 12 "skins" 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Faux-tato skins
- 2 cups cheesy cauliflower puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Add the egg to your cauli-puree and mix well.
- Place about 2 Tbsp of mash into each greased muffin tin cup. I used a muffin top style pan but if you don’t have one just go up the sides half way instead of to the top. Spread out the puree to about a half inch thickness on the top and sides. Too thin and it won’t come out of the tin.
- Bake the cauli cups at 375 degrees (F) for 30 minutes until they dry out and firm up. If they are still too soft then add them back for a few more minutes.
- Take them out and using a butter knife, release them gently from the muffin tin and place on a grease cookie sheet.
- Fill with cheese and bacon and put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until melted.
- Garnish with sour cream and scallions or fresh herbs. So much cheesy, bacony goodness that you’ll never miss the potatoes!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 9g