This super easy and satisfying low carb cheesy spaghetti squash skillet will be a huge hit with the entire family! Tender strands of spaghetti squash swimming in a tangy meat sauce and loaded with stringy mozzarella cheese? What’s not to love?!?!
This is the last of my keto spaghetti squash recipe series this week and it’s the hand’s down favorite of the Hungry dudes. I loved them all, but even I can’t deny that the sheer comfort food awesomeness of this cheesy spaghetti squash skillet makes it a real winner!
Like all of this week’s low carb spaghetti squash recipes, this one is super easy – maybe even the easiest, since all you have to do is brown the meat, pour in the sauce and simmer for a bit and then add the cooked spaghetti squash. Top it with a massive amount of mozzarella cheese and even the most die hard pasta fans will have to admit that this cheesy spaghetti squash skillet is a contender.
For store bought, my favorite is Rao’s – it costs a little more than mainstream store brands, but is really tasty and free from all the fillers and junk that a lot of cheaper brands contain.
Up to you, those are just my recommendations!
There is a lot of controversy on the best way to cook spaghetti squash, I usually pierce mine all over and microwave them for about 12 – 15 minutes depending on how large they are. It works well for me usually, but every once in awhile I’ll get a mushy one and I’m not sure if it’s overcooked or just a hybrid less stringy squash variety that I might have bought. It’s tasty either way.
You can use whatever your preferred method of cooking is to get tender, stringy strands of spaghetti squash that successfully mimic pasta.
As a final note, this keto cheesy spaghetti squash skillet reheats well all week, making it the perfect low carb lunch option if you have access to a microwave at your work or school!
- 1 lb ground beef (85/15)
- 1½ cups easy keto marinara sauce
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups shredded whole milk mozzarella
- fresh basil or parsley to garnish
- Heat a large oven proof skillet and add your ground beef to it.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes, stirring so the beef is in fine pieces rather than large chunks.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash and parmesan cheese and stir well to combine.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh basil or parsley if desired.
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2017!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!