It’s been a crazy day over here in the IBIH kitchen! I’ll be finishing the last of the recipe testing and photos for the e-cookbook by this weekend (or die trying), and I managed to get three more recipes finalized and photographed today.
Sadly I don’t have a prep cook or maid so it’s a long day of cooking, photographing, and then the worst part – cleanup. It’s brutal, I’m not going to lie. On top of that it’s a challenge to keep my son busy and happy while I’m working.
This afternoon I provided him with some art/craft supplies – you know, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, glue and some other fun stuff. Genius right?? That project bought me about five minutes tops – a total bust! It took me longer to set up and then clean up all of the stuff then the time he actually played with it.
Then while we’re cleaning it, I got a huge sliver from our antique barn board dining room table under my thumbnail. Actually calling this thing a sliver is like calling Mt. Everest a hill. It was huge – practically a log (ok maybe a twig), and it was jammed way underneath my nail. It was touch and go there for awhile, but I finally got it out after cutting a notch in my nail and having at it with surgical tweezers and a safety pin.
It was seriously huge, I almost took a photo of it for posterity just so you could all feel sorry for me. Since that would be gross I refrained, but barely! I’m just happy they won’t have to amputate – having no thumb would make typing a LOT harder…
Anyway, enough about me – let’s talk about this awesome chicken I made the other night!!! It was super easy which is why I’m calling it “Cheater’s” Tandoori style.
I love Tandoori chicken but I didn’t feel like going through all the steps that are usually required, so I threw some yogurt, pre-made curry paste (I used Massaman style) and a couple of other things into a bowl, marinated the chicken thighs for a few hours and then baked them in the oven.
They were fantastic – and so easy that I might never make the real thing again!Print
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp hot curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp stevia or splenda
- 8 chicken thighs
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a gallon sized ziploc bag and mix well.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs. Using a sharp knife, make a few deep slices across the top of each thigh. Add the chicken to your ziploc bag, squeeze the excess air out and seal. Squeeze and squish the bag to make sure the chicken is well coated, then toss into the fridge. Marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight is even better.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (F) and place your chicken on a foil or parchment lined sheet pan. Bake the chicken for about 40 minutes – longer if they are really large chicken thighs. If your skin still hasn’t crisped up the way you want it, slide the pan under the broiler for a couple of minutes until it’s browned to your liking.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Chicken
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 21g
Now I’m off to nurse my sore thumb and clean up the rest of the mess I made today! Then I’m pretty sure there is a glass of wine in my future..