With a fool proof “press in” crust, a thin layer of tart apples, and a sweet cinnamon caramel glaze on top, this rustic easy keto apple tart is going to be your new favorite low carb apple recipe! Low carb vanilla ice cream optional, but definitely recommended!!!
Growing up in New England, apples in the fall were a big deal. I’ve ranted here about how apples don’t get a fair shake on blogs, mostly because people get excited about pumpkin season far too early in my opinion.
Pumpkin flavored everything works for me too – but there’s still plenty of time for that in the next two months!
So this week I’m focused on apples. 💞🍏💞🍏💞🍏💞
The low carb cinnamon apple crumb cake I recently posted was great, but if you’re not a cake fan then this easy keto apple tart may be more your style.
Mr. Hungry has always been more of a pie guy, and his comment yesterday when I had him try this was “you’ve really outdone yourself, this might be one of your best desserts yet!” That’s high praise from him, since he’s a lover of sugar in all the things and therefore hard to impress with low carb dessert recipes!
Even Hungry Jr. asked for a piece of this keto apple tart for breakfast this morning – and for a kid who prefers savory over sweet, that’s a pretty big deal.
So it’s unanimous in the Hungry household – this easy rustic apple tart is AWESOME. And mind you, I made this with refrigerated apples shipped to Belize! If you have access to fresh apples where you are then this tart will be even better.
I’m excited for you!
I made this keto apple tart in a 10″ springform pan, which made it super easy to pop out and serve. Because you press in the crust, there is no tedious rolling out of dough – which btw is the number one reason that I don’t have more pie recipes on IBIH. I HATE rolling out pie crust. Like LOATHE it. For real.
This is a very easy and forgiving recipe, but I would say for best results you should take the time to slice the apples thin so that they will lay nice and flat. If you’re making this for company, you can spread them in a pretty pattern if you wish.
I started to… and then lost patience about 30 seconds in and just threw on the rest. 😂
I wasn’t planning on the sweetener/cinnamon sprinkled on top when I started out – but it made the photos look pretty, and once I tasted it I was glad I did. The slight crunch in texture and the punch of extra sweetness and cinnamon gave this keto apple tart a toasty snickerdoodle vibe that we all loved.
It also camouflages the fact that I got lazy and threw the last of the apples on, so there’s that ha ha! #protips
Whether you take the extra time to make it pretty or not, nobody will care once they taste it!
Easy Keto Apple Tart Recipe Video 👇🏼
Note: The company that makes my videos didn’t use the sides of the springform pan, but you should – it protects the edges of the crust from over-browning.
I highly recommend the low carb vanilla ice cream if you can find some where you are! If not, a chilled whipped cream would work, or just eat it plain and revel in its apple-y goodness. 🙌
This easy keto apple tart celebrates the flavors of fall in the best possible way! It comes together quickly and the entire family will love it! Keto, Atkins, Low Carb & Gluten Free!
For the Crust:
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 3 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup erythritol sweetener
For the Topping:
- 1 Tbsp erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
For the Crust:
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir with a fork until well combined and crumbly.
- Press the crust dough firmly into a 10″ springform pan. Create a rim about 1/2 inch high up the sides of the pan, using your fingers or the back of a metal teaspoon.
- Pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes.
For the Tart:
- Combine the sliced apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Lay the sliced apples evenly across the bottom of the crust in a circular (or other) pattern. Press the apples down lightly when done.
- Combine the butter, cinnamon and sweetener in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and brush or spoon evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake the tart for 30 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
- Remove the tart and gently press the apples down flat with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees (F) and bake the tart for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
For the Topping:
- Combine the cinnamon and sweetener.
- Sprinkle over the top of the tart.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition info does not include ice cream.
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc. you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
- Category: keto Dessert Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th of tart
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 7g net
- Protein: 7
Keywords: apple tart, keto desserts, low carb desserts, apples, fall, gluten free
To get more great recipes for fall or anytime, download my super bundle of FIVE e-books for just $19.99!