These Keto Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Gorgonzola Butter will be a hit with any beef loving crowd EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I am an unabashed carnivore. There, I said it. I enjoy eating meat, and I make no apologies for it. I respect the decisions of others not to eat it, and even did a short vegetarian stint myself, just to try it out. But when it comes down to it, I’ll choose a great steak over tofu any day.
Mr. Hungry and I recently had a little competition to see who could make the better steak. The intention was to grill ribeyes – mine on the grill, and his in the new wood fired oven he’s building us, but due to weather delays his oven wasn’t ready. So we both ended up cooking our ribeye steaks on the infrared grill.
Mr Hungry did his Peter Luger style – simply seasoned and finished with lots of butter. That’s never a bad idea. Mine was a little fancier, because I made a compound butter with gorgonzola, garlic and parsley. I’m going to say that the gorgonzola pushed mine over the edge and made it the clear winner. Mr Hungry may disagree, but since this is my blog I can say whatever I want – ha ha!
We have some ideas for a Tuscan style steak once the wood fired oven is done, so look for a post on that in the near future.
While there may have been some disagreement as to who had the better steak, here are some grilling methods we can definitely both agree on:
1) For grilling on high heat, season with salt and pepper, but avoid seasonings like garlic powder because they can burn, and give your steak a bitter flavor.
2) NEVER press or pierce your steak! Always use tongs to handle your steak when possible. GENTLY people, gently!
3) Let your steak (or really any meat) rest for a few minutes (5 – 10 minimum depending on thickness) before serving or cutting – if you don’t, all of the juice will run out leaving you with dry, tough meat.
These gorgeous Keto grilled ribeye steaks with Gorgonzola butter will be a hit with any beef loving crowd!
- 2 USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks
- Salt and Pepper
For the Gorgonzola Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 oz gorgonzola (or blue) cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill on high heat until desired temperature.
- Top with chilled Gorgonzola butter and let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
For the Gorgonzola butter
- Combine the butter, gorgonzola, parsley and garlic in a small food processor or magic bullet.
- Pulse until fully combined. Chill.
This recipe makes more than 2 servings, leftover butter will keep up to a week in the refrigerator, or 3 months in the freezer.
Approximate nutrition information:
6 oz serving of ribeye steak: 450 calories, 35g fat, 0g net carbs, 30g protein
1 Tbsp serving of gorgonzola butter: 85 calories, 9g fat, 0g , 1g protein
- Serving Size: 6 oz steak, 1 Tbsp butter
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 31g
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my FREE low carb and keto menu plans and lose the weight for good!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!