Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, this tender and juicy Keto Beef Brisket in the Instant Pot is so easy to make that you’ll want to keep it on repeat! In addition to being insanely delicious, it’s also dairy free, nut free, and egg free too! ?
I love beef brisket, but for some reason I’ve always been intimidated by cooking it at home. Brisket can be tough if not cooked correctly or for a long enough time, so you might also be shying away from it.
For both of our sakes, I decided to give it a try in my Instant pot, and was thrilled with the results! I’ve already purchased more beef brisket to keep on hand in my freezer at all times, so I can whip this keto beef brisket in the Instant Pot up whenever I get the urge!
Honestly this keto beef brisket in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier! I used my super easy Keto BBQ Seasoning recipe that I posted the other day, and the flavors were out of this world good!
You can use this method with any keto friendly seasoning and get great results, yours will just have a slightly different flavor profile than mine did.
Once the seasoning went on, I simply seared the meat on both sides using the Saute function on my Instant Pot. Then I removed it and added a few slices of onion on the bottom for the meat to sit on, and to flavor the resulting pan juices.
Then I put the beef brisket back on top and added some water and other flavorings, sealed it, and let my Instant Pot do the rest of the heavy lifting!
The smells in my kitchen for the next hour were absolute torture to endure! SO. GOOD. Even Hungry Jr. kept wandering in asking “is it ready yet???”
When I finally opened the pot and took the brisket out, it was to great excitement from the guys, let me tell you! ?
It was very much worth the wait!
On a side note, I really can’t say enough about how much I love my Instant Pot! If you’ve been on the fence about getting one, you really just need to bite the bullet and do it. They are so versatile and can turn any cut of meat into a tender, fall apart masterpiece! BTW this is not a sponsored post or anything, and I’m not affiliated with Instant Pot in any way (though maybe I should be ha ha) – I just can’t rave enough about what a fantastic appliance this is!
Every time I use it I ask myself why I’m not using it more often! It’s a kitchen game changer. This month (October, 2018) I’m giving away 5 Instant Pots at my own expense, so if you want to enter and throw your hat in the ring to win a new one, check out that post here.
If you don’t yet have an Instant Pot, don’t despair! You can make this delicious Keto Beef Brisket in a regular pressure cooker, in a dutch oven on the stovetop, or in your slow cooker or crock pot for 6-8 hours on the low setting.
Whichever method you choose, you’re going to be really glad you decided to make this Keto Beef Brisket recipe – and if our house is any indication, you’ll be getting high fives from the rest of the family too!
Oh and be sure to douse this keto beef brisket liberally with the delicious pan juices and pieces of onion after slicing!
A tender and delicious keto beef brisket in the Instant Pot. Low carb and Atkins friendly, this keto beef brisket will be a hit with the entire family! Dairy free, nut free, egg free too.
- 2.5 lb beef brisket
- 1/4 cup Keto BBQ seasoning (or any sugar free store brand)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other light tasting oil
- 4 slices peeled onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sugar ketchup (I used Heinz)
- Rub brisket on all sides with bbq seasoning.
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute function.
- Place the seasoned brisket into the pot and sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove with tongs and add the four slices of onion to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the brisket, fat side up on top of the onions.
- Whisk together the water, apple cider vinegar and ketchup. Pour around the brisket.
- Cover and seal according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set to Manual, High Pressure and enter 60 minutes on the timer.
- When finished cooking, use the quick release function to remove steam and pressure.
- Once all steam is removed, unlock and carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the brisket to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sliced brisket with the onions and pan juices.
Net carbs per serving = 1g
- Serving Size: 2 slices (about 4 ounces)
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: Instant Pot, beef, brisket, pressure cooking, bbq, barbecue, dinner, keto, low carb, Atkins