This super easy keto chicken & creamy dill sauce is perfect for busy weeknights, or keto meal prep for lunches all week! It’s also dairy free, Paleo, and even Whole 30 compliant! Easy, healthy AND delicious = WINNING. ?
While the chicken is very tasty, it’s the low carb creamy dill sauce that is the star here – it’s so good you’ll want to put it on everything! Fish, shrimp, veggies, salad dressing – this keto creamy dill sauce does it all!
I wanted to keep this keto chicken & creamy dill sauce recipe dairy free and squeaky clean for a new keto meal plan I’m working on (stay tuned, but meanwhile you can use any of these free keto meal plans already here on the site) and also for my keto Whole 30 peeps out there.
If I’m being honest, dill is my least favorite herb. It’s OK, but there isn’t a lot that pairs well with it other than pickles, chicken, and salmon – and it dominates everything else with its aggressive flavor – at least to me. I recently decided that I wasn’t giving dill a fair shake, so I picked some up last week and set to work making a recipe for you dill fans.
I’m thrilled to say that this keto creamy dill sauce has given me a new appreciation for dill. So if you weren’t team dill before, give this sauce a try – it might win you over like it did me! And my guys both liked it too – so it passed the picky family members test! ?
To keep this keto dill sauce dairy free but also make it creamy, I used a combination of mashed avocado and mayonnaise for the base. Some lemon, capers, white vinegar (apple cider vinegar would also work) helped give this keto dill sauce the tanginess that you’d get in a traditional dill sauce made with sour cream.
I’m not just saying this when I tell you that this easy keto chicken & creamy dill sauce is going in our regular rotation. And I don’t repeat a lot of recipes since I’m always working on new ones – so that’s a big dill in our house. (see what I did there? Tee hee.)
Mr. Hungry has already requested this keto chicken & creamy dill sauce once since I made it last, and because it’s so easy to pack up for lunches and tastes great cold – especially salad style – it’s just too good of a recipe not to make at least a few more times before we move on to something else!
I hope your tribe will enjoy it as much as we have – I promise it’s dill-icious! (sorry. had to.) ?
Keto Chicken & Creamy Dill Sauce – Dairy Free
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This super easy keto chicken and creamy dill sauce is perfect for busy weeknights, or keto meal prep for lunches all week! It’s also dairy free, Paleo, and even Whole 30 compliant!
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken cutlets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
For the creamy dill sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (sugar free for Whole 30)
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or more to thin)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
For the chicken:
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well.
- Coat the chicken cutlets on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the seasoned cutlets and pan fry for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove and serve warm or chilled with the creamy dill sauce.
For the creamy dill sauce:
- Combine all of the dill sauce ingredients in a small blender or magic bullet.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I used chicken breast, but you can use whole or boneless legs or thighs if you prefer.
Net carbs per serving = 1g
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: keto dinner recipes
- Serving Size: 1 cutlet + 2 tablespoons sauce
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: dill, chicken, keto, easy, meal prep, Atkins, low carb, dairy free, paleo, whole 30
Julia Henderson says
It was a hit! The chicken was simple but very flavorful. The sauce was tasty but I found the flavors a little “flat” so I added an extra tablespoon of lemon juice and an extra green onion, that did the trick. The sauce was delicious!
Kimberly Bogelund says
We loved this dairy free dill sauce! It’s a keeper for sure!
One of the most delicious recipes I’ve made in a long time!! Thank you!
Karen Jaras says
This looks like a yummy sauce and would probably be tasty on a piece of grilled salmon as well.
Rhonda Miotke says
Looks very yummy I definitely will be trying out this recipe.
The dill sauce is amazing! So fresh tasting!
Made this today! Subbed out olive oil with avocado oil, but DANG if this wasn’t super good and filling. I want to bathe in the dill sauce, I think because of the capers. Definitely keeping this in my regular rotation as well.
Janis Garland says
I dont ever use almond milk, can i use heavy cream? Hate to buy a whole thing of almond milk but i really want to try this! Thanks
I love it! I already meal prepped for this week but I get tired of the same chicken recipe really fast so this is something I’ll save for next week . Thank you!
This looks sooo good, and so easy! Definitely something my husband and I will need to try. Thanks for sharing!
Mellissa Sevigny says
Thanks Suzanne, I hope your husband enjoys this recipe as much as Mr. Hungry did!