If you’re in need of an easy and tasty recipe for Nut Free Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (that don’t taste like cardboard or “diet food”) then this low carb chocolate chip cookie recipe is for you! Woohoo! Cookies FTW.
(That’s “for the win” for you acronym challenged.)
I get tons of requests for nut free keto dessert recipes from people who are trying to do keto, but also have nut allergies. Tragically, so many of the best keto dessert recipes out there (in my opinion) are made with almond flour, because when used properly it produces a result that is really close to traditional baked desserts.
Fantastic for those of us on keto without nut allergies – not so much for those of you that are nut challenged.
I used a combination of sunflower seed butter and coconut flour as a base for these nut-free keto cookies, and then added a tablespoon of Konjac Flour to keep them soft and a little chewy on the inside. If you don’t have konjac flour (I recommend getting some as it’s awesome in so many applications) you can omit it, but the cookies will be more crumbly in texture.
The addition of the shredded coconut also helps keep these nut free keto chocolate chip cookies chewy in texture, which we really enjoyed, and the flakes of kosher salt were a nice contrast to the sweetness of the cookie.
Finally, because I’m allergic to stevia I can’t use Lily’s chocolate chips (though you certainly can if you have them,) so instead I chopped up chunks of Lindt 90% chocolate to stir into the cookie batter. The chunks of chocolate melted nicely, though some of it ended up pooled on the parchment paper outside of the cookie.
I immediately scraped it off and ate it, because only a complete moron lets melted dark chocolate go to waste. Obviously.
Even if you don’t have a nut allergy, these tasty keto chocolate chip cookies are going to be a hit. Perfect with a cup of coffee in the afternoon, or as an after dinner treat – these are my new “go-to” low carb cookies to keep in the freezer for snacking emergencies.
If you don’t have a nut allergy you can absolutely substitute almond butter, cashew butter, or even peanut butter for the sunflower seed butter called for in this keto chocolate chip cookie recipe and still achieve fantastic results.
These super tasty nut free keto chocolate chip cookies are perfect to keep in the freezer for snacking emergencies! Grain free, dairy free, gluten free, low carb and Atkins friendly.
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon konjac flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces coarsely chopped Lindt 90% dark chocolate (or sugar free chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the sunflower seed butter, eggs, coconut flour, vanilla, sweetener, coconut, konjac flour (if using) and kosher salt in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a spoon until blended and a stiff dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips until well incorporated.
- Form into fifteen 1 1/2 balls and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass (they won’t spread on their own.)
- Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown and only slightly soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes to let them firm up.
- Sprinkle with additional flakes of salt if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Net carbs per cookie = 2 grams
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 6g
New to Keto and need help getting started?? Try following my 12 weeks of free keto menu plans, starting with the 3 Day Keto Kickstart and Keto FAQs!
Or if you’re already on keto but want to boost your results, try the wildly popular and effective IBIH 5 Day Keto Soup Diet and drop as much as 10 pounds!
Don’t believe me? Check out the comments section on that post for testimonials or join the IBH 5 Day Soup Diet Facebook Group and ask around to see firsthand the amazing results people are getting!!!