I actually created this low carb linzer cookie bar recipe months ago, but there was never a good time to share it before now! Since I’m posting low carb cookie recipes every day this week, I thought this would be the perfect time to roll it out (see what I did there?) ?
Actually there is no rolling at all in this incredibly easy and delicious low carb cookie recipe, which is one of the things I love about it! I’m a huge fan of Linzer cookies – they taste amazing and they are beautiful works of art usually.
Buuuuuuuut they are a LOT of work to make! ⏳???
Since I’m not about spending hours perfecting a gorgeous keto cookie that’s only going to get eaten in about 10 seconds time, I wanted all of the yummy linzer cookie flavor and texture in a low carb, gluten free, and SOOPER EASY format.
All you need to do is mix up the low carb shortbread crust recipe, press 2/3 of it into your pan, spread the sugar free raspberry jam mixture over it and crumble the remaining shortbread over the top. Bake and nom.
It’s really that simple.
These low carb cookies freeze really well, which is perfect if you want to make a bunch to have on hand any time you feel the need for a keto friendly treat at a moment’s notice! ???
Stay tuned for more delicious and easy low carb cookie recipes ALL WEEK LONG here at IBIH!
Keto cookies all week!?!?! Hooray!!
These low carb cookie bars make great gifts, and while I can’t remember where I bought these cookie bags shown in the photo, I did find some super cute options on Amazon if you want to box some up for a friend or as a hostess gift!
Low carb raspberry Linzer cookie bars – gluten free
These low carb cookie bars have all the flavor and texture of your favorite raspberry linzer cookies, but without the tedious work! Keto, gluten free, egg free, Atkins friendly.
- Yield: 16 2x2 bars 1x
- Category: Low Carb Cookie Recipe
- Cuisine: French
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and stir well until a stiff dough forms.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper and press 2/3 of the crust dough into the bottom.
- In a small bowl combine the jelly, xanthan gum, and almond extract and stir well.
- Spread the jelly mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining crust mixture over the top of the jelly layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into 2 inch squares.
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc. you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
- Serving Size: 2x2 bar
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g net
- Protein: 4
Can’t get enough low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!
New to low carb and need some help getting started? Try out any one of my free low carb and keto menu plans with recipes and shopping lists and start losing weight fast!