This Easy Keto Flatbread is delicious warm or cold, and keeps for days in the fridge. It’s a fun low carb lunch or dinner that can be customized an endless number of ways.
Flatbread just legitimizes eating cold pizza and not feeling lazy about it: Change my mind. 😂
Seriously though, the only difference between this easy Keto flatbread and any Keto pizza is that I’m typically eating this one cold, and not with traditional pizza toppings like my easy Keto marinara sauce, pepperoni, sausage, etc.
That being said, there is nothing stopping you from putting whatever you want on it. I’d just recommend having eating it cold or room temp in mind, rather than piping hot.
Another key component of this easy Keto flatbread is that it doesn’t have to be formed into a circle and cut into triangles for eating (though you could.) I like to make it more of a rectangle and cut it into slabs.
Again, that’s simply a matter of preference.
For this particular easy Keto flatbread I baked it with the garlicky white sauce, then topped it with cheese and threw it back in just to melt it….
and THEN I added the arugula, prosciutto, freshly ground pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice after removing it from the oven. 👊🏻 🤤
It’s like pizza and a side salad had a delicious salty, garlicky flatbread baby.
🍕+ 🥗 = 👶🏻
(Ok….. that turned out looking way weirder than I thought it would 🤔 😂)
While I highly recommend trying this delicious version of my easy Keto flatbread, of course you can customize your toppings in an endless variety of ways.
Some other variations and combos I like for this are:
- Goat cheese and asparagus
- Basil pesto, grilled chicken and roasted red peppers
- Salami, Feta and pepperoncini
- Jalapeno, cheddar and crumbled bacon
- Caprese style (Fresh basil, sliced or chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella)
There’s just a few quick ideas to get the ball rolling on allllll the delicious ways you can enjoy this versatile low carb flatbread going forward.
I can’t wait to hear more of your creative ideas on how to top this easy Keto flatbread in the comments!Print
This Easy Keto Flatbread is delicious hot or cold, and keeps for days in the fridge. It’s a fun low carb lunch or dinner that can be customized an endless number of ways.
For the white sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the flatbread:
- 1 batch easy Keto dough
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 small lemon, to squeeze on after assembly
- Ground black pepper to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the white sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Press the easy Keto dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. You can make a circle or a rectangle or free form it.
- Brush the top of the flatbread with all of the white sauce.
- Bake the crust for 8 – 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with the greens and prosciutto.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over the entire thing – don’t soak it, we are just going for a little acidity here.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve warm or chilled.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 4g.
*For just 1/6th of the dough with no toppings, the nutrition info is 326 calories, 25g fat, 7g carbs, 4g fiber, 3g net carbs, 21g protein
- Serving Size: 1/6th of total
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: Easy Keto Flatbread, Keto Flatbread Pizza, Low Carb Flatbread