I love Asian food. Sadly, when you are on a strict low carb plan like Keto, Asian restaurants are pretty much out of the question since just about everything is loaded with sugar and starches.
With that in mind, I decided to go the stir fry route, which would include vegetables and make a complete meal.
One super easy and under utilized product is the broccoli slaw that you can find bagged in your grocers produce section. It doesn’t taste overtly of broccoli, and it’s pretty low carb for a veggie – 3g net carbs for 3/4 cup.
I’m using it in the stir fry, and also in a slaw that I’m posting later this week. They will both be featured on the Week Three Keto 7 Day Menu Plan.
[pinterest text=”Easy Chicken Stir Fry – a low carb, gluten free, dairy free, keto friendly recipe from ibreatheimhungry.com” layout=”horizontal” image=”http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/chixstirfry2small-500×686.jpg”]
Because most of your veggies are from this slaw, this dish is incredibly easy to throw together – it literally takes just 15 minutes (or less) from beginning to end. Almost faster than takeout, and certainly healthier for you!Print
An easy low carb, dairy free, gluten free, and keto friendly recipe for chicken stir fry! Get your Asian fix the healthy way!
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 heaping cups bagged broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Slice the chicken thighs into thin pieces or strips. In a large saute pan, stir fry the chicken and minced ginger in the sesame oil for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, water, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, sugar substitute, and xanthan gum. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the slaw and the scallions and toss to coat – simmer for 2 minutes or until al dente. Don’t overcook or it will be mushy.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 219 calories, 10g fat, 5.5g net carbs, 19g protein
- Serving Size: Approximately 1 1/2 cups or half the batch
[pinterest text=”Easy Chicken Stir Fry – a low carb, gluten free, dairy free, keto friendly recipe from ibreatheimhungry.com” layout=”horizontal” image=”http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/chixstirfrysmall-500×360.jpg”]
Looking for some great game day recipes? Be sure to download my Winter Issue of the IBIH quarterly ezine for some easy low carb dips and appetizers!
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my free 3 day kickstart plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
In other news, for a limited time I’m bundling my Amazon best-selling e-book The Gluten Free Low Carber with my first two issues of the IBIH ezine for only $9.99 – that’s a discount of over 50%!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so! Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more information on the books here, or simply click the Add to Cart button to download now!