This Keto Egg Fast Buffalo Omelette is easy to make and loaded with all your favorite delicious buffalo chicken flavor!
Yesterday I posted about the Keto Egg Fast that I’m undertaking, and a lot of you were interested in trying it out. For that reason I’ll be keeping track of what I eat, and posting the Keto Egg Fast recipes that I come up with here this week.
When I’m done I’ll post a complete Keto Egg Fast Diet Menu Plan for those of you that like the structure of knowing exactly what you’ll be eating. If you want to try it out using the basic guidelines that I’m using, you can find those here.
This morning I was down 5 lbs which was pretty awesome, not gonna lie! Now to be fair, I was retaining water having just finished up shark week, so the number may be inflated due to that.
Here’s a breakdown of the quantities of the eggs, butter, and cheese that I ate yesterday – I’ll be more detailed as to how I ate them when I post the keto egg fast meal plan at the end of the week.
What I Ate on Day One of My Keto Egg Fast Diet
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 oz blue cheese
2 Tbsp sugar free mayonnaise (Dukes)
8 Tbsp Kerrygold butter
1 Tbsp MCT oil (in my bulletproof coffee)
48 oz La Croix sparkling water
68 oz spring water
I was worried that it was too many calories, but since everyone says not to worry about it, I ate when I was hungry and this is how it turned out. 5 lbs down the next morning, and I’m not going to worry about calories again today either! I’ll post another recipe and my results from Day Two of the Keto Egg Fast Diet tomorrow!
This Keto Egg Fast Buffalo Omelette was my egg fast lunch yesterday and it was VERY filling and satisfying! I finished it myself because it was my largest meal of the day, but this could easily make 2 servings if you aren’t that hungry.
You could also make this Keto Egg Fast Buffalo Omelette frittata style by doubling the recipe, dropping the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls into a greased casserole dish and then pouring the eggs over it and baking at 375 degrees (F) for about 30 minutes, or until firm. Then cut it into squares and reheat as needed.
Since the keto egg fast diet allows only eggs, butter, cheese, and limited carb free condiments, there isn’t a lot of variety in texture in this Keto Egg Fast Buffalo Omelette (though there is a LOT of flavor.) You could finely chop a couple of tablespoons of celery and add it, or some shredded chicken if you aren’t doing the keto egg fast diet and want something even heartier.
A delicious Keto Egg Fast Buffalo Omelette that meets the criteria of the egg fast diet. Keto, Low Carb and Atkins friendly.
For the filling:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp blue cheese
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce brand I used
For the omelette:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- In a small bowl, heat the cream cheese, blue cheese, and hot sauce in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Stir until full combined and smooth.
- In another small bowl, beat the three eggs and the water together until smooth.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of butter in a nonstick pan on low to medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Drop the softened filling mixture by spoonfuls onto one half of the eggs.
- When the eggs have firmed enough, fold the empty half of the egg mixture over the half with the filling on it.
- Cover with a lid to keep the heat inside and cook on low heat for another minute or until the eggs have cooked through.
- Remove carefully from the pan and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1/2 omelette
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g net
- Protein: 14g
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my FREE low carb and keto menu plans and lose the weight for good!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!