This easy keto lemon dressing, (or vinaigrette if you want to get fancy about it) is a staple in my kitchen. Not just for low carb salads, you can use it on grilled veggies, chicken and fish too!
Bright and flavorful, a good keto lemon dressing is your secret weapon to elevating all sorts of low carb recipes. It’s the best and most versatile vinaigrette out there in my opinion.
It goes without saying that this lemon dressing is an easy go-to for any low carb salad, but it’s also amazing over steamed asparagus, grilled chicken or fish, as a dipping sauce for roasted shrimp, I mean I could go on and on.
But I won’t. So you can hurry up and go make it! 😂
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- 2 – 4 fresh lemons (organic will give the best flavor)
- extra virgin olive oil (quality always matters)
- Dijon mustard (yellow or stoneground will be too harsh for this)
- granulated sugar substitute (a small amount balances the tartness)
- Course kosher salt (if using fine sea salt you may need less – adjust to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (or a tricolor peppercorn mix like I use)
Equipment you will need to make this recipe
- a fine grater for the lemon zest (a box grater will work but a microplane grater is my favorite)
- A handheld citrus juicer or reamer.
- a glass jar with a lid (you can use a bowl and whisk but the jar is easy and also stores the dressing)
How to make Keto Lemon Dressing
Making this lemon dressing could not be easier…
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar.
Tightly screw the lid on.
Alternatively, you can place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together with a balloon whisk or fork. The dressing won’t emulsify as well as when shaken though.
How to store Keto Lemon Vinaigrette
This keto lemon dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Any longer than that and it won’t necessarily go bad, but the flavor will suffer. It’s so easy to make that I recommend making it often as needed, rather than making one huge batch and storing it for a long period of time.
I don’t recommend freezing it or storing this keto lemon vinaigrette at room temperature.
Serving suggestions for this Keto Lemon Dressing
- Dress salads and slaws
- Liven up grilled or sautéed chicken
- Add fat and flavor to cooked veggies (asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, etc.)
- Dip fresh raw low carb veggies into it (bell pepper, celery, cucumber, snow peas, etc.)
- As a sauce for baked or grilled fish and seafood (shrimp, salmon, snapper, tilapia, cod, etc.)
Variations to this low carb lemon vinaigrette
- To make this a thick and creamy lemon dressing, whisk or shake in 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- To change up the flavor, add 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh herbs like basil, parsley, cilantro, tarragon, dill, or thyme. For best results I recommend fresh herbs rather than dried for this recipe.
- Lemon and garlic are always a classic pairing, so you can add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic to this keto lemon dressing recipe if desired.
- Limes can be substituted for the lemons in this recipe.