Fresh, bright flavors abound in this keto spaghetti squash primavera – a lightened up version of the traditional pasta primavera that is just as tasty and a lot more healthy!
If I’m being honest, pasta primavera is not something I would typically order at an Italian restaurant before keto. Why get pasta with vegetables when I can have it with meatballs and cheese, or chicken and alfredo sauce, or wrapped around a tasty ricotta filling? It never really made sense to me, so I usually steered clear.
That being said, this veggie heavy keto spaghetti squash primavera is perfect for spring, when you’re craving lighter flavors and textures after an entire winter of hunkering down with heavy, rich, comfort foods.
Don’t get me wrong, this keto spaghetti squash primavera is loaded with flavor – and I threw a generous amount of bacon and parmesan cheese in there to make sure of it. So even if veggies aren’t your thing, I’m guessing you’ll be able to wrap your head around this concept.
And the veggies that ARE in here, are as inoffensive as you can get for most picky eaters. No broccoli, mushrooms, or other texturally challenging vegetables are lurking in this recipe – it’s simple and surprisingly delicious to most that are trying it for the first time.
A few tasty, fresh ingredients come together in one pan and in just minutes to make this keto spaghetti squash primavera a delicious and healthy addition to your weeknight dinner rotation! Serve it as a light main course or a keto side dish to roasted or grilled meat, chicken or fish.
And a little extra parmesan never hurts either – just sayin’.
Bright, fresh flavors make this easy keto spaghetti squash primavera perfect for busy weeknight dinners! Healthy and delicious! Low carb, gluten free, Atkins.
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan and cook the bacon in it for about 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are starting to pop.
- Stir in the scallions, parsley and lemon zest and remove from the heat.
- Fold in the spaghetti squash and parmesan cheese until well distributed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with more parsley and parmesan if desired.
- Category: Keto Primavera Recipe
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 7g net
- Protein: 7g
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2017!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!