This Keto Strawberry Jello Salad will be your new summer salad staple for picnics and BBQ’s! Or you can have it for breakfast all week long like I did! However you choose to enjoy it, enjoy it you will – and so will everyone else so be sure to make a LOT!
Ahhhh jello salad (aka. ambrosia) the quintessential summer picnic fare! Unfortunately, the classic version is loaded with sugar and carbs, so it’s been off the menu for awhile – but not anymore! With a few tweaks the classic jello salad is made keto friendly – and you won’t believe how delicious it is!!!
This Keto Strawberry Jello Salad is so amazing that even my non-keto friends and family raved about it!
In all honesty, I’ve never been a massive fan of jello salad, but I put it on my list of summer recipes to make keto friendly because I thought a low carb jello salad would be popular and do well here on the blog.
I was straight up shocked at how much I loved it! And even more surprised that Hungry Jr., who isn’t a huge fan of desserts made with artificial sweeteners, couldn’t get enough of it either!
A miracle of flavor and texture, this Keto Strawberry Jello Salad boasts chunks of sweet, fresh strawberries, a super creamy filling studded with just enough cottage cheese to cut the sweetness, and some chopped nuts and shredded coconut for texture.
You’ll be happy to know that this low carb jello salad is just as easy to make as the classic version! You can beat the cream with a stick blender if you have one, which literally takes seconds. Then fold and stir in the other ingredients and chill for a few hours (the jello salad) (but also you) and it’s ready to go!
The good news is, we all LOVED it and you will too – the bad news is, I may have peaked early guys, because this Keto Strawberry Jello Salad could just be the best keto recipe that I post here all summer!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of it, so be sure to let us know how it came out in the comments!!!
Keto Strawberry Jello Salad Recipe Notes:
I know some of you will ask, so yes, you can substitute cream cheese for the mascarpone if that’s all you you’ve got, but if you can get the mascarpone DO IT and you’ll be so glad you did!
If you have a nut allergy you can omit the walnuts – same goes for the shredded coconut, but I’ll be sad for you because it’s so good with it in.
This Keto Jello Salad can be customized with any flavor of sugar free jello and a variety of berries. Be sure to calculate your macros if you make changes to ensure that it’s still keto friendly as some fruits are much higher in sugar than strawberries.
To keep it easy you can serve this from a bowl rather than putting it into a mold. If you do decide to use a mold, you’ll have to dip it in hot water (careful not to get any into the salad) for about 20 seconds to help it release from the mold onto your serving dish.
Keto Strawberry Jello Salad – Low Carb
A creamy and refreshing Keto Strawberry Jello Salad that’s perfect for your next summer picnic or BBQ! Low carb and Atkins diet friendly!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + four hours chill time
- Total Time: 10 minutes + four hours chill time
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: keto desserts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, unsweetened
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup 4% fat large curd cottage cheese
- 1 box (.6 ounces) sugar free strawberry jello
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups chopped strawberries, plus more for garnish if desired
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the mascarpone cheese until fully incorporated.
- Gently stir in the cottage cheese and powdered sugar free jello, and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts, coconut, and strawberries.
- Spoon into a mold if desired (otherwise use the bowl it’s already in) and chill for four hours before serving.
- To unmold, dip the container in hot water for about 20 seconds (longer if necessary) and then flip over onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with additional strawberries (not included in nutrition info) if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Do not freeze.
Total net carbs = 4g
(optional strawberry garnish not included)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: salad, jello, keto, strawberry