This Keto Stromboli is chewy, meaty, creamy, cheesy perfection! Ideal for meal prepping, delicious hot or cold, there is no end to the list of reasons that you need to make this low carb stuffed bread STAT.
I’ll get to this delish Keto Stromboli recipe toot suite, but first it’s confession time….
Immana be honest here, I started off strong on operation keto quarantine, but caved after two weeks and hit the carbs hard for a few days. I’m guessing a lot of you are in the same boat, because guys it is legit HARD to stay on Keto while under stress and with all those loaves of gorgeous home made bread, and brownies, and cookies, and WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE CARBS IN MY IG FEED LATELY?
So I went off Keto for a few days and made peanut butter cookies, pizza, pasta, and some other carbalicious delights. Also there was wine. Lots of wine.
I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t fun in the moment, but in the back of my mind I knew that I was going to regret it, especially if I didn’t self arrest ASAP before too much damage was done. So last night I had some wine and a baked potato with lots of cheese on it as my farewell to carbs, and then this morning I started strong with some scrambled eggs, avocado, and coffee for breakfast.
And you know what? It felt GOOD.
Good to be back in control, good to know that when this quarantine is over I won’t have to resort to my stretchy pants when I can finally leave the house again, and good to be working towards fitting into some new dresses that I haven’t worn yet, just in time to be getting out of my pj’s and back out on the town.
Well…island, but still. 😂
That’s also where this Keto Stromboli comes in, because I made this a few weeks ago and have had this recipe waiting in the wings as part of my getting back on Keto strategy. It’s SO GOOD that I won’t be missing any of the carbs I’ve been stuffing my face with for the last week.
In fact my first order of business today (after I hit publish on this literary masterpiece 😂) is to head to the kitchen and get one of these stuffed breads in the oven to help me through the next few days. And you should too! Which is why I’m finally getting to the recipe ha ha.
Don’t be intimidated by this Keto Stromboli – it’s super simple to put together and very easy to customize with a variety of options! Here’s a little grid of photos I put together to show you just how basic it is – even if you’re a cooking newbie – you’ve got this I promise!
Ok so the bread portion of this Keto Stromboli is the easy Keto dough that I posted the other day, which is also the dough from the Cheesy Spinach Calzone that I will be making again this week because I just can’t get enough of it. If you haven’t tried it yet, DOOOO ITTTTT – you won’t regret it.
I used a combination of Italian cured deli meats like cappicola and salami in my Keto Stromboli, but you could really use almost any deli meat with this recipe and have great results. Same with the cheeses, you could change it up any number of ways depending on the combo you use.
Ham and cheddar or Swiss, pepperoni and mozzarella, pastrami and muenster – you get the idea.
Because I wanted this Keto Stromboli to have a luscious texture and not just eat like dry bread and meat, I mixed the shredded cheeses in with some cream cheese, tomato paste, and herbs, so that it has a melty, creamy, texture and tangy flavor that brings this whole thing together – and it works hot or cold without being rubbery and unpleasant.
Finally, you don’t need to limit yourself to just what I included in this Keto Stromboli – some other amazing additions depending on your pantry would be fresh basil, pepperoncini or banana peppers, olives, onions, or whatever else floats your stuffed bread boat.
Go nuts. Then report back because I’m dying to know what you think!
So where are you guys at with all of this crazy stuff going on? Keto? Not Keto? Ready to get back on Keto before you pop? I’m thinking about putting together a quarantine friendly Keto meal plan – let me know if you’re interested!
Either way, hang in there guys, we’ll get through this! 💕Print
Keto Stromboli – Low Carb Stuffed Bread
This Keto Stromboli is loaded with chewy, meaty, cheesy goodness! Perfect for meal prepping, delicious hot or cold, there is no end to the list of reasons that you need to make this low carb stuffed bread STAT.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Keto Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 batch Easy Keto Dough
- 3 ounces sliced cappicola or prosciutto
- 3 ounces sliced salami or pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Press the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper into a 12 x 15 inch rectangle.
- Spread the slices of cappicola and prosciutto over the two thirds of the surface (see photo in grid above.)
- Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, tomato paste, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Spoon filling over the meat in a line across the bottom half of the rectangle, about 2/3 of the way down – going from end to end horizontally.
- Carefully roll the Stromboli up from the bottom about 1/3 of the way and press down firmly, then roll one more time to create a rectangle of about 4 inches wide and 15 inches high.
- Press down so it’s of uniform thickness all the way across, but not too firmly so as to squeeze out the filling.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with coarse salt and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffed.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Approximate net carbs per slice = 5g.
- Serving Size: 1/6th Stromboli
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: Keto Stromboli, keto stuffed bread, low carb stuffed bread