Some of you who have downloaded The Gluten Free Low Carber will recognize this recipe, because it’s one from the cookbook.
I haven’t posted any of the recipes from the e-book (and other than this one I’m not going to start) because it seems unfair to the people who paid for it to suddenly start giving them all away for free. The reason I’m posting this one today is to say a heartfelt “Thank You” to all of you guys. When I posted “Hi. I’m Mellissa and I’m a Carb Addict” yesterday, I never expected to get the outpouring of support in the comments that I did. I was deeply touched, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciated knowing that you guys are out there, reading the blog, taking the time to comment, and that we’re all in this together.
Thanks again for being there! You guys inspire me! XO M-
- ½ recipe for Basic Pie Crust (see below)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Roll out the dough and place in a pie plate. Crimp edges as desired.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Combine the sweetener and spices together in a small bowl and mix well. Gradually add the sweetener and spice mixture to the cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract and blend until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared shell and bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 40 minutes.
- Chill before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 3g net
- Protein: 8g
- 6 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 ¼ cup milled flax meal
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 4 Tbsp cold water
- Combine the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Stir in the flax, coconut flour, salt and sweetener, mixing to combine. Add the cold water and mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide into two equal balls – each will make one 9 inch crust.
- Serving Size: 1 pie crust
- Calories: 1080
- Fat: 88g
- Carbohydrates: 16g net
- Protein: 24g