I posted this turkey recipe yesterday, and let’s face it, you just can’t eat turkey without stuffing. Am I right??? It’s just inconceivable. (I totally just read that in the Princess Bride guy lispy voice. You know you did too.)
Anyhoo, before I go any further, let’s make sure we’re using the right terms. In my family it was always called stuffing – others call it dressing. Which is it? It’s stuffing when you actually stuff your bird with it, dressing if you make it on the side. I serve this on the side, so I usually refer to it as dressing. Whatever you want to call it, it’s delicious!
Granted, there is no bread, so the texture isn’t exactly like the real thing, but the flavors are all there. So if you don’t want to go off your low carb and/or gluten free plan, then this low carb stuffing (or dressing) recipe is going to save the day.
The cauliflower soaks up all of the other flavors and has a nice soft texture, the sausage makes it hearty, and the nuts give it a nice crunch – it’s pretty awesome if I do say so! I served it to non-low carbers the other night, and they all liked it. Even my cauliflower hating husband ate some, and that is major!
Oh, it’s also wicked easy to make, and reheats well, so I hope you guys try it out and report back!
- 12 oz roll of mild sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sausage in a large saute pan, breaking it up into small pieces. Add the onions and celery to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about 8 minutes. You want it to brown and caramelize a bit, so don't stir too often. Add the white wine and cook on medium heat until no liquid remains in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the walnuts and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Try not to eat it all before your guests arrive!
You’ll get over 75 original recipes that can’t be found here on the blog for less than 15 cents each! And it’s some of my best work yet if I do say so!
Need some low carb side dish recipes to complement your ham or turkey? Or some decadent low carb dessert recipes to WOW your guests??? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Get more details on the 3 books offered here, or just order now and start cooking!