Another great keto recipe to use up your leftover ham, these cheesy ham hash egg cups are super tasty, kid friendly, and make a great breakfast or lunch on the go all week long!
What’s not to love about a perfectly cooked egg, nestled into a crispy, salty nest of ham, parmesan and fresh herbs?
Nothing – they are, quite frankly AMAZING.
This week is all about ham on IBIH – and it started with my new addiction, this Easy Keto Deviled Ham Salad.
It was really hard for me to use my precious remaining ham ($12 per pound. True story.) to create a new recipe instead of churning out more deviled ham salad – because it was JUST. SO. GOOD.
Like the responsible adult I am (kidding, not at all responsible) I did manage to reserve some ham to make these cheesy ham hash egg cups, and boy was I glad I did!
These cheesy ham hash egg cups are quite possibly more amazing than the deviled ham salad! I mean it’s a toss up, really.
Or is it?
I CAN’T DECIDE.
It’s all up to you now…
Cheesy Ham Hash Egg Cups Recipe Notes:
You’ll notice that my cheesy ham hash egg cups are square, but that’s optional. I used this muffin pan to make them, but any large round muffin pan will work just as well!
The key to success is to A) not make the ham layer too thick, and B) use medium or large (NOT extra large) eggs – otherwise, there will be too much white and they will overflow.
I used grated Parmesan cheese in my ham hash layer, but almost any hard cheese will work just as well!
Can’t wait for you guys to try these and let me know what you think!
Oh and side note? I had these leftover the second day with some smoky habanero pepper sauce on top and it was 💣 🔥 💯
These keto cheesy ham hash egg cups are super tasty, kid friendly, and perfect for a low carb brunch, breakfast, or even lunch on the go! Atkins and gluten free too!
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 9 medium or large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Pulse the ham, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a food processor or magic bullet until coarsely ground.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and almond flour until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into 9 large muffin cups. Go all the way up the sides at a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch – no thicker or there won’t be enough room for the egg.
- Bake the ham hash filled cups for 5 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from the oven.
- Break one egg into each muffin cup.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes – they will be easier to remove.
- Run a knife around the edges to make sure they aren’t stuck and carefully remove the egg cups to a plate.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Category: Low Carb Breakfast Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 15
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2017!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!