Creamy and loaded with tender chunks of chicken, this comforting low carb green chicken enchilada soup is sure to become one of your new favorites!
I’m a big fan of easy keto soups that can be thrown together in just minutes. Mostly because I’m lazy like that, but also because they are filling and satisfying and never leave me feeling sad about a lack of carbs.
This awesome low carb green chicken enchilada soup is no exception. It’s so dreamy and flavorful that every sip is total bliss. I’d even go so far as to say that it rivals my popular jalapeño popper soup from Week 2 of my free keto meal plans!
With only 5 ingredients and no chopping required, it doesn’t get much easier than this low carb green chicken enchilada soup either! You can cook it in less than 10 minutes on the stove, or even faster if you do it in the microwave.
Using a rotisserie chicken is super convenient when you’re pressed for time – and while I always have some of my easy Instant Pot bone broth on hand, you can also substitute a good quality boxed chicken broth or stock in a pinch!
If you’re already a fan of my Green Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole then you’re really going to love this soup! On its own it’s not spicy – making it perfect for families with children, but you can add additional heat with minced jalapeños or habaneros if that’s how you guys roll!
Easy Green Chicken Enchilada Soup – Low Carb & Keto
Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with tender chunks of chicken, this keto friendly soup can be made in just minutes and is super satisfying! One of my new favorites!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Keto chicken soup recipe
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 cup salsa verde (see example)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups bone broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Combine the salsa, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chicken stock in a blender and blend until smooth. (You can also use an immersion blender right in your saucepan for this step.)
- Pour into a medium saucepan and cook on medium until hot – don’t bring to a boil. Alternatively, you can heat this in a microwave safe bowl in 1 minute increments until hot, stirring in between each minute.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook an additional 3 – 5 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheddar and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 3g net
- Protein: 32g
To my lactose intolerant peeps, I apologize in advance – this soup won’t work the same without the dairy. For a similar flavor profile in a dairy free format, I recommend trying my low carb Mexican Chicken Soup from a few years back instead!
In other news, we are in the states until Saturday, when we return to sunny Belize for a few months before our next trip. While it’s been great traveling and spending time with family and old friends, I’m exhausted and looking forward to our simpler life on the island. Not to mention the incredible sunrises and sunsets!
Also I finally got my new Canon 5D Mark IV and some fancy new lenses and tripods – so I’m excited to get into the studio with them and start shooting some videos of my most popular recipes, as well as some new ones that I’m working on!
Stay tuned for lots of fun stuff coming up! And in the meantime: GO MAKE THIS SOUP! Seriously.
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2017!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!