Keto Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie – where have you been all my life? If chocolate and peanut butter is a combination that makes your heart (and stomach) flip, you’re going to love this creamy and decadent low carb peanut butter pie with a chocolate cookie crust. Seriously. 🍫🥜💕🙌🏻
If I’m being honest, chocolate and peanut butter is a combination that I’ve always been kind of meh about. It’s not that I don’t like it, I just don’t have the abiding love that some bloggers do for it. So there aren’t a lot of desserts here on IBIH that marry the two.
But that’s OK, because frankly this keto chocolate peanut butter pie is the only recipe you’ll ever need to get the best of both, in my opinion. The rich and creamy peanut butter filling, combined with a crunchy chocolate cookie crust, and topped with a drizzle of dark chocolate and slightly sweetened peanut butter sauce… AND toasted peanuts on top?!?! Be still my heart.
I can’t decide if I like this keto chocolate peanut butter pie better frozen or simply chilled. I love the creaminess when it’s soft enough to melt in your mouth, but also the ice cream like quality of the peanut butter filling when mostly frozen.
I’ll leave it to you to try it both ways and see which way you like it best!
You should know that this keto peanut butter & chocolate pie is pretty easy to make. It’s a press in crust, no rolling required, and it only has to bake for about 10 minutes – and that’s all the cooking that is needed for this almost no bake keto peanut butter pie.
The filling consists of an ultra creamy combination of peanut butter, vanilla, sweetener, whipped cream and mascarpone cheese (you can sub cream cheese but it’s not my favorite for this.)
The crunchy topping is optional I guess, but it adds so much flavor and texture that I highly recommend going the extra mile – and it makes a pretty garnish too.
I could go on and on about all the reasons why you should make this keto peanut butter & chocolate pie ASAP, but honestly, if you aren’t there already I don’t know how much more I can say about it to convince you!
If you do make this keto chocolate peanut butter pie, be sure to report back and let everyone know how it was – maybe your words will be just the push those fence sitters need to dooooo ittttt.
This keto peanut butter & chocolate pie boasts a creamy peanut butter filling and a chocolate cookie crust. Low carb, egg free, gluten free.
For the chocolate crust:
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups superfine, blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
For the filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar free creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
For the topping:
- 4 squares lindt 90% chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sugar free peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
For the chocolate crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make the filling:
- Combine the mascarpone and peanut butter and stir gently by hand until creamy and fully combined.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, xanthan gum, and erythritol in a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream.
- Transfer the filling to the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
To make the topping:
- Combine the peanut butter, heavy whipping cream and erythritol in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a plastic baggie and snip the tip off one corner.
- Squeeze lines of the peanut butter mixture onto the top of the pie.
- Heat the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until melted.
- Transfer the chocolate into a plastic baggie and snip the tip off of one corner.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with chopped peanuts.
Serve immediately for a softer pie, or freeze for 2 hours or more for a firmer, frozen pie.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 5g
- Category: Keto desserts
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12th pie
- Calories: 496
- Fat: 48g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: keto peanut butter pie, keto peanut butter & chocolate, keto peanut butter desserts,
If you need more keto dessert inspiration, try this collection of 60 Keto No Bake Desserts for recipes that won’t heat up your kitchen this summer!