Back in South Carolina we have friends who make the most amazing low carb jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pork loin wrapped in bacon recipe. Needless to say when they call to see if we want to come over for dinner…
We always say yes!
When that glistening porcine masterpiece comes out of the oven it looks like a giant mutant caterpillar – and if caterpillars tasted this good I’d happily eat them all. And then there wouldn’t be any butterflies which would be really sad.
Which is probably why real caterpillars don’t taste like bacon. But I digress…
Anyway, I love to eat this fantastic low carb stuffed pork loin (which Mr. Hungry calls the Delicious Pork Redundancy Roast) but I have never actually made it. Mostly because I’m too lazy to do all of the work required to stuff it and roll it. Sad, I know.
Now that we don’t live in South Carolina anymore, if I want to enjoy this recipe I can’t just drive 15 minutes to our friend’s house whenever they are making it.
Since you can’t either, I figured I’d make an easier version that we can ALL make whenever we want to. Without all of the SUPER TEDIOUS stuffing and rolling and baking steps.
And so the low carb Jalapeno Popper Smothered Pork Chops idea was conceived.
This plan had WINNING written allllll over it.
First I seasoned and grilled the chops.
Then I spread a mixture of cream cheese, salsa verde, and cheddar over them.
Then I topped them with sliced jalapenos and put on even more shredded cheddar.
And THEN I topped it with crispy bacon and let the cheese get all melty under the grill.
You hungry yet????
THEN WE ATE THE HECK OUT OF THEM.
Actually that wasn’t the end. There were leftovers that I ate for breakfast the next morning. Then it was the end. Until I make these delicious Jalapeno Popper Smothered Pork Chops again – which will be whenever I feel like it because it was SO EASY. And now you can too.
As a side point, the very same friends that introduced us to the giant mutant caterpillar of porky goodness were here visiting when I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and they heartily approved.
Now I’m not saying my Jalapeno Popper Smothered Pork Chops version is better than the original – pork roast wrapped in bacon is hard to beat for presentation value alone, but if you’re looking for a delicious low carb dinner recipe that can be made in less than half an hour then this Jalapeno Popper Smothered Pork Chops recipe is for you.
And your friends.
Possibly hungry neighbors and random passerby as well.
You might even need to put up a barbed wire fence to keep people out once they get wind of what you’re up to on the grill – seriously, it’s a problem…but totally worth it.
Notes: If pork isn’t your jam, you could easily make this with a chicken breast or boneless thigh instead of a pork chop. You also don’t have to grill it – you can saute your Pork Chops and then cover in the popper mixture and bake until melted and ready to serve.
A delicious grilled pork chop (or chicken breast) smothered in cheese, bacon, and jalapenos – a low carb and keto dream come true. Can be grilled or baked to serve year round.
For the pork chops (or chicken breasts):
- 6 pork chops
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp salsa verde
For the cream cheese mixture:
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapenos
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup raw jalapeno slices
For the pork chops:
- Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 T salsa verde in a medium bowl. Add the pork chops and rub the mixture into them.
- Preheat the grill while the pork chops marinate for a few minutes.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the pork chops for about 3-4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
For the cream cheese mixture:
- Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 1 minute or until really soft. Stir in the salsa verde, 1/3 cup shredded cheddar and chopped jalapenos.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 pork chops and pile it on top.
- Top with additional shredded cheddar and about 1 Tbsp of bacon and sliced jalapenos per chop.
- Drop the cover on the grill for a couple of minutes (over indirect heat) until the cheese is melted and soft. Serve warm.
- Alternatively you could saute the pork chops and then add the toppings and bake in the oven until melted.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 474 calories, 31g fat, 2g net carbs, 45g protein
- Category: Low Carb Dinner Recipe
- Cuisine: American
If low carb jalapeno popper flavored everything is your favorite (as it is mine) then you have to try my Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Casserole, Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Meatballs, Jalapeno Popper Soup, and/or Jalapeno Popper Fritatta recipes!
New to the low carb lifestyle and need some help? Try my FREE 3 day keto kickstart menu plan to get into ketosis fast! Then follow it up with any of my 12 free weekly menu plans – complete with shopping and prep lists!
To get more great recipes for Summer or anytime, download my super bundle of FIVE e-books for just $19.99!442